Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Problem with finishing sex?? :S Watch

So I'm an 18yo guy and lost my virginity about a year ago. To cut a long story short, I cannot ejaculate when I have sex or when I masturbate. I've had two sexual partners in the past and had sex four times altogether, but all of those times I was unable to finish. I'm able to maintain an erection with no problem at all, but just can't finish off after sex. I don't masturbate as often as a lot of guys claim to but whenever I do, I still have the same problem. I've only been able to ejaculate once before during masturbation. I don't know if it's stress-related, or just the fact that I worry about not being able to finish, but I find it really embarrassing when I have sex and I want to be able to do things properly. Also, I was circumcised when I was 14, but have no idea if that would make any difference at all. I don't really know the best course of action, and wondered if someone could help me or tell me who I should look to for help.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There's no law that says you have to come via sex - lots of women don't - and it's not unusual to find it difficult to come when doing something new (like starting to have intercourse after years of coming via masturbation) but this is GP time, probably with a referral somewhere for tests on things like hormone levels and other stuff.

Are you taking anything, prescribed or otherwise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    There's no law that says you have to come via sex - lots of women don't - and it's not unusual to find it difficult to come when doing something new (like starting to have intercourse after years of coming via masturbation) but this is GP time, probably with a referral somewhere for tests on things like hormone levels and other stuff.

Are you taking anything, prescribed or otherwise?

might help to read the post for clues on sex including 'im a guy' and 'circumcised'

sorry, i don't really have any useful information but at least i can work out your gender... maybe its worth a check up at your GP, could be sing of an underlying issue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm an 18yo guy and lost my virginity about a year ago. To cut a long story short, I cannot ejaculate when I have sex or when I masturbate. I've had two sexual partners in the past and had sex four times altogether, but all of those times I was unable to finish. I'm able to maintain an erection with no problem at all, but just can't finish off after sex. I don't masturbate as often as a lot of guys claim to but whenever I do, I still have the same problem. I've only been able to ejaculate once before during masturbation. I don't know if it's stress-related, or just the fact that I worry about not being able to finish, but I find it really embarrassing when I have sex and I want to be able to do things properly. Also, I was circumcised when I was 14, but have no idea if that would make any difference at all. I don't really know the best course of action, and wondered if someone could help me or tell me who I should look to for help.
    A lot of girls would say this is good news. Not only can you last as long as any woman wants to keep going, but any risks associated with sperm (pregnancy, STDs) are much reduced. Obviously contraception is still needed, but even with it, sperm still represents risk. So you're the perfect lay
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prune.)
    might help to read the post for clues on sex including 'im a guy' and 'circumcised'
    Oddly enough, I noticed that.

The point was that lots of people - mainly women - don't come via intercourse, gave a reason why many men don't when they start, and so the OP should not be wailing and gnashing his teeth that he hasn't (yet).

It's the other bits that are unusual and the reason for a trip to the GP/sexual health clinic, given that he is upset about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    Oddly enough, I noticed that.

The point was that lots of people - mainly women - don't come via intercourse, gave a reason why many men don't when they start, and so the OP should not be wailing and gnashing his teeth that he hasn't (yet).

It's the other bits that are unusual and the reason for a trip to the GP/sexual health clinic, given that he is upset about this.
    There are very clear biological differences between men and women and whats normal for one isnt always for the other. girls don't come much because they arnt that stimulated via vaginal intercourse.. so its a completely different kettle of fish either way, just saying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.