Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

WJEC German A-level - clarification with topics Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm self-teaching German AS + A2. Just had a few questions to ask about the specification because the topic headings are very vague compared to other exam boards.

Namely in the following areas:

Technology
    Is this environmental technology, or technology in general, such as in-vitro fertilisation? Animal testing? etc

Customs and Traditions - does it include all ethical issues?
    I'm assuming these are about religious customs and customs of societies in general, but does it also include the topics of abortion etc that other syllabuses included under these? Abortion is not really a custom, but it's grouped together with other customs/religious issues on other exam boards, so I'm wondering if it is here.

Gewalt & Terrorismus
    This makes it appear as if it's violence related to terrorism, but on reading past exam papers it clearly isn't just that, but violence in general. On the other exam boards this includes "Strafen" and measures against crime/methods of punishment and their effectiveness etc? Does WJEC cover these, or is it merely acts of violence?

Any help in clarifying this would be a massive help.

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply MBT Bot.

Assuming your message isn't a standardized reply, I'll bear it in mind if nobody else responds. There must be SOMEONE in here taking A-level German with WJEC or who has taken it, and scanning all the essays would be rather time consuming.

ReputationRep:
    - Technology covers lots of things, such as everyday technology/technology in scientific research/technology in medicine/how advancements in technology have increased our knowledge & aided our understanding of science and the environment/surveillance/ethics of research etc

- Customs and Traditions is more about festivals, religion, celebrations and German culture

- Gewalt und Terrorismus is about all sorts, including law and order, policing, security, terrorism, nazis and neo-nazis, reasons why people commit crimes, solutions for this etc.

I hope that this helps

ReputationRep:
    Great reply. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have already done AS German with WJec at college but I left this year and am hoping to complete it by myself at home. Could I ask if you are doing the two years in or outside of school ?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.