Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

First post on this or any forum so if iv put this in the wrong section or what not i apologise now lol.

Anyway i just went to the afco for my first interview and unfortunately failed.
    Just wanted to go over what happened to me so future candidates wont make the mistakes i did and hopefully anyone who has done the interview can give me a few tips on how i can improve based on my interview description.

The main things i slipped up on were the fact that i got part of my trade knowledge badly wrong ie when asked what base my training would be i gave the completley wrong answer, so the general feedback is id be expected in scotland and id have turned up in lancashire lol, just panicked and plucked a name from a hat there. Biggest advice i can give is know your trade info as it seems to make or break the interview if you tell them you dont know.

I also messed up on one other game breaking question. I was asked about pjft and the run times. I answered correctly but when asked how fast i can currently run the 2.4 km i truthfully answered that i wasnt quite there yet, i was advised that the cpl cant book me in for the medical/fitness if he isnt absolutley sure ill be able to do it.

i was told everything else was fine and to a good standard and as such he wants me back asap which is 3 months as opposed to 6 months or a year.

Just hope this is useful to someone and any interview veterans can give me sone career saving advice lol (joining as medic-airman)

thanks in advance

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.