Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    we had an assembly on student finance ages ago and they were saying "get it done early blah blah blah". Anyway I decided to to do it that night and then I afterwards I realised that I had started to apply for 2012/13 and not entry for this year because that hadn't opened yet. How do I withdraw this application?

I would like to firm an offer for St Andrews but they haven't made a decision on my application yet. It's probably very unlikely, but if they don't reply until after the SFE deadline can I change it to another university/course? oh and i think i have to apply through the scottish student finance people.

If I don't get the right grades I'm thinking of maybe doing distance learning like with the OU. You can get a full time or a part time grant, can't you? If I did decide to do this would it be too late to apply for student loan?

Could I be filling in three separate appplications? :eek:

Edit: I have just been to look at my application and the courses I have applied for in Scotland are now showing up, so does that mean I can pick a scot course on SFE?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rac1,

First things first, you'll need to get your 12/13 application cancelled to allow you to make an application for 12/13.

Regardless of where in the UK you decide to study you will receive your student finance from Student Finance England as you are an English student.

When you submit your application you should use the details of the course that you're most likely to attend as you can update these details later once you know where you'll definitely be studying.

If you decide to study as an OU or part time student you will need to cancel off your full time application and reapply as a part time student later on. Part time students only receive a tuition fee loan, they don't get any maintenance or living support.

Hope this helps!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi Rac1,

First things first, you'll need to get your 12/13 application cancelled to allow you to make an application for 12/13.

Regardless of where in the UK you decide to study you will receive your student finance from Student Finance England as you are an English student.

When you submit your application you should use the details of the course that you're most likely to attend as you can update these details later once you know where you'll definitely be studying.

If you decide to study as an OU or part time student you will need to cancel off your full time application and reapply as a part time student later on. Part time students only receive a tuition fee loan, they don't get any maintenance or living support.

Hope this helps!
    Mark-Lee

Hi, thanks for your help before, it's all sorted now. I was wondering if although it's outside of your expertise if you had any advice about getting a good student bank account?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.