Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, got a little dilemma on hands. This is what I got in the January Exams:

History (India) 78/100 - B (2 marks off an A!)
    Classics (Cicero) 75/100 - B

I'm rather divided as to whether to retake them, or atleast retake the History exam. I'm probably going to retake Classics, just to make sure I can get an A in the subject, but I'm much more unsure as to whether to retake the India exam. On the one hand, the mark could be better, and if I don't get 82 in the Summer, i'll be stuck with a B. On the other, however, it may not give me enough time to revise for my other exams, and the summer History exam is on Russia, a subject I'm much more confident on.

Does anyone have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    If you're more confident on the Russia topic and feel you could get a better mark on this paper, making you're overall grade an A, then I wouldn't retake, especially as you don't want even more to have to revise for in the summer! Do you have a controlled assessment in History that you could do really well in to also bring your mark up? Or how about sending the history paper off to get remarked? I've never done this but others I know have and have got the extra marks they needed, though one did lose a couple of marks... at the end of the day it's up to you! Hope this helps you a little.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I was you I would leave the India exam as it is now, I don't think its worth it for two marks, especially as you feel confident on the Russia unit.

I wish I had got B's in Biology.

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest that you retake classics if you bump it up but not India if you feel more confident on Russia, because this will just add to the amount of revision you have to do

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.