Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a limit on the amount of childcare you can claim for through ccg (SF)? Or is price the only limit and not hours? I commute so it takes me more time.

Also I am planning on moving to London but will be studying outside of London. Does this mean I will get the higher rate of maintenance loan even if I study outside of London?

Thanks!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi BB,

1. Yes there are some restrictions to the amout of CCG that can be awarded. The basic entitlement to childcare grant is 85% of incurred childcare costs, up to the following caps:

-£148.75 per week, if the student has one child receiving childcare in that week

-£255 per week, if the student has two or more children receiving childcare in that week.

2. Unfortunately the London rate of maintenance loan is based on the postcode of the university so if this is outside of London you won't qualify for this rate unfortunately.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My account has been put on Hold because of Identity reasons even though I supplied my passport number! I called SFE today and even the lady on the phone seems confused. What are the reasons for this?

Help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again BB,

Could you let me know if your Passport is UK issued and whether it is in date or if it has expired/about to expire?

Thanks!
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    I was born here and am British, my passport is British and I got it in July 2012, so it's not due to expire for 9 years. I was studying the same course part-time, due to having a baby and will switch to full-time for the last two years of my BA hons. I'm due go full-time September 2013. This just means I will attend the same course more, do all the modules and will finish it quicker.

Hope this information helps. A lady on the SFE helpline said to me that she will get back to me but I haven't heard anything back from her. I called last week.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi again BB,

Thanks for the info that's all really helpful!

Can you send me your Customer Reference Number by private message and I'll have a look at your account for you?

Thanks,
    Mark-Lee

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.