Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Have I put on weight? *Pictures* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suga.Cubes)
    Oh my...that's charming.
    or are u pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    Lol no, when I took those pictures I thought I needed to lose a bit more weight..

How about cardio though? I was thinking doing both, but since I would like to lose lbs I was thinking of first doing more cardio to get to the weight I want, then once I'm nearly there, doing more lifting to get the body/shape I want?
    Yeah I'd do both, eat at maintenance, do cardio so you run a deficit and lose weight at a reasonable level whilst becoming fitter, and lift weights so you build a bit of muscle and firm your body up which will increase your metabolism and help you lose fat further.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh now and how tall are you?
    I think I used to look pretty similar to you but started running and doing some weight training. I still weigh the same but my body looks different now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I explained. I'm not looking for compliments, or attension seeking. I just want an honest answer. My friends/family just tell me I look skinny, and haven't put any weight on. I thought I had, but wasn't sure if I was just being paraniond. Hence asking strangers for their opinion as I know they'll be honest.
    You have slightly by the looks of it. But why don't you just step on scales and weigh yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh now and how tall are you?
    I think I used to look pretty similar to you but started running and doing some weight training. I still weigh the same but my body looks different now.
    I'm 5'5 and weighed myself yesterday. I weigh 9st 2lbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    You have slightly by the looks of it. But why don't you just step on scales and weigh yourself?
    If you read my other posts I explain many times why I don't weigh myself/why it won't tell me

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'5 and weighed myself yesterday. I weigh 9st 2lbs.
    Wow, well I'm the same height and happily about 9st 12lbs.
    Even before I started going to the gym I was never fat or unhappy about my weight (I know some of the gym obsessed here will say I was probably in denial).

You should just eat normally and maybe do some weights. Don't worry about cutting calories or doing insane amounts of cardio. You look good

ReputationRep:
    Scales are OK but only go so far. Many people seem to rely waaay too heavily on them (pun not originally intended but rather funny in hindsight). What I mean, is that I have seen many religiously weigh themselves to the very pound - that's not the way to do it. For example, I've heard many times that someone has gained/lost a pound in a day and are worried or joyed about it - they don't stop to realise your actual weight will naturally fluctuate based on -> how much you've eaten (food does weigh, if you think about the amount you eat during the day it can add up), how hydrated you are (again, water weighs; don't forget that water is 70% of body mass!) and, um not sure how to say this but if you've *ahem* used the loo that day. Also, clothes weigh a couple of pounds, like heavy jeans/trousers and shoes. And, of course it depends on your muscle mass too - you could be losing fat but gaining muscle which would counteract the apparent weight loss by the scales. So yeah, scales are ok but don't treat them as gods and fret about every little pound gained/lost!

ReputationRep:
    Not the skinniest person in the world, and I think you look much better than way. Leave yourself the way you are, nothing to change! Trust me, I am too thin, and it's horrible, wish I has curves like you

ReputationRep:
    OP, you look more feminine in the second picture. Which in my eyes looks more attractive. What dress size are you OP if you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.