Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do you find Iraqi guys attractive (or arabs in general)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali-Iraq94)
    Even if this is a bit off-topic, are you a supporter of Dr Ahmedinejad?
    If yes/no , then why?
    No cos he's a dictator and the election in 2005 and 2009 was rigged so he's not elected by the people (he's elected by the supreme leader). I support the Iranian green movement which was formed in 2009; either the two opposition leaders would have made a great president in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILoveTehran)
    No cos he's a dictator and the election in 2005 and 2009 was rigged so he's not elected by the people (he's elected by the supreme leader). I support the Iranian green movement which was formed in 2009; either the two opposition leaders would have made a great president in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But he seems to be a really intelligent guy. I don´t know why but in some way I do admire him. (I´ve seen a couple of interviews on youtube)
    Of course I´m not very up to date with domestic politics in Iran. We have our own ****ty leaders in Iraq, who have done very little since the ******* Saddam was brought down .
    When will they understand that politics + religion = fail.
    Religion is a private matter, keep it that way!

I suspect that the Green party is an environmentally-friendly party, maybe I´ll check them out later

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, as the question says, do you girls living in the western countries find us iraqi men attractive? Would you consider dating one?
    I myself am an Iraqi Swede (Does that make sense?) living in Stockholm in Sweden, and I was born and raised there. My parents are both Iraqi hence why I look Iraqi.
    So I was wondering if you find us attractive and just in general what you think about us. In Sweden the ethnic swedes have this idea that arabic women are oppressed and that we men basically treat them like crap.
    (Which of course is not true!).
    There is also this idea that Iraqis and arab men in general, view western women as loose and date them with the intention of only wanting to have sex with them, and then they run back home and marry the virgin girl.
    I have to admit that this is true, but does not apply to all of us especially if we were born and raised in a western country.
    I am a muslim, albeit not very religious, and I personally couldn´t care less from which country she is from, and even though I would prefer that she is a virgin, if I love her, I would most likely be able to look beyond it.
    Also I am of the belief that whenever you enter a relationship you should always be hoping that it lasts forever and that one day it will lead to marriage, right?

P.S. The question could be expanded to encompass arabs in general if you don´t haven´t met any iraqis since we are very much alike.

Looking forward to receiving answers from you
    Not necessarily. Some westerners reject the idea of marriage as a thousands-old social ceremony whose significance is dead and it is not really useful nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Not necessarily. Some westerners reject the idea of marriage as a thousands-old social ceremony whose significance is dead and it is not really useful nowadays.
    Yeah I know that. Many swedes don´t get married but still live together and have kids and so on
    I personally like to get married. Why not :confused:, it´s a beautiful union between a man and his wife
    Don´t girls usually dream of wearing the white wedding dress and walking down the aisle

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know that. Many swedes don´t get married but still live together and have kids and so on
    I personally like to get married. Why not :confused:, it´s a beautiful union between a man and his wife
    Don´t girls usually dream of wearing the white wedding dress and walking down the aisle
    You are stereotyping girls. That's exactly the same as saying: "Don't Iraqi guys dream of having an obedient/submissive wife?" I did not say it is not beautiful. Religion can be beautiful as well but just like religion, marriage is a + thousand-year old social ceremony that some people find meaningless.

ReputationRep:
    You are stereotyping girls. That's exactly the same as saying: "Don't Iraqi guys dream of having an obedient/submissive wife?" I did not say it is not beautiful. Religion can be beautiful as well but just like religion, marriage is a + thousand-year old social ceremony that some people find meaningless.
    Well yeah it´s a generalisation, but I believe the majority of girls like weddings, no :confused:

If you don´t believe in marriage, then that´s your opinion .

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah it´s a generalisation, but 1.I believe the majority of girls like weddings, no :confused:

2.If you don´t believe in marriage, then that´s your opinion .
    1. And Swedes believe the majority of Iraqui guys like submissive oppressed women.No? :confused: Don't like my stereotyping? This is exactly what you are doing.

2. That's my point! We are talking views here. Some people like marriage and some don't. Assuming that since X is girl she will like it is not an opinion but stereotyping.

ReputationRep:
    1. And Swedes believe the majority of Iraqui guys like submissive oppressed women.No? :confused: Don't like my stereotyping? This is exactly what you are doing.

2. That's my point! We are talking views here. Some people like marriage and some don't. Assuming that since X is girl she will like it is not an opinion but stereotyping.
    Wow, chill out .
    What do you want me to say :confused:

ReputationRep:
    honestly... not really. But that only cause of religious differences x

but I think they can be really hot sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    honestly... not really. But that only cause of religious differences x

but I think they can be really hot sometimes
    So you mean that sometimes they can be physically attractive but because they´re religious you don´t want to take it further, in other words their personality is not "attractive" due to religious beliefs = you don´t want to date them even though they might be physically attractive.
    Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    So you mean that sometimes they can be physically attractive but because they´re religious you don´t want to take it further, in other words their personality is not "attractive" due to religious beliefs = you don´t want to date them even though they might be physically attractive.
    Am I right?
    I am saying that I have met a lot of really good looking asian men with the best personalities (some are good friends of mine)

but if it were to last long term, religion would be the one thing that would stop it for me (I am a devout Christian)

ReputationRep:
    But he seems to be a really intelligent guy. I don´t know why but in some way I do admire him. (I´ve seen a couple of interviews on youtube)
    Of course I´m not very up to date with domestic politics in Iran. We have our own ****ty leaders in Iraq, who have done very little since the ******* Saddam was brought down .
    When will they understand that politics + religion = fail.
    Religion is a private matter, keep it that way!

I suspect that the Green party is an environmentally-friendly party, maybe I´ll check them out later
    Haha fair enough.
    I agree, it's hard to have both politics and religion but I don't know. I think what leaders are suppose to do is make laws which will benefit all not just themselves. It will be good if religion and politics could have worked out though. But yes, definitely as you said religion is a private matter and when government does stuff in the name of religion thats when it really angers me.
    Hmmm interesting guess and I can see why you'd guess that but actually it's a movement which was formed in 2009 in order to support the Reform Party candidates: Mousavi and Karroubi. Since then, if you want to show your support to the Reform Party you usually label yourself as 'green'. Mousavi was the true winner of the 2009 general election and people peacefully protested by coming out in the streets and labeling themselves as green. Yeah you should definitely check them out. And the opposition leaders went under house arrest in feb 2011 and are still under house arrest as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    I am saying that I have met a lot of really good looking asian men with the best personalities (some are good friends of mine)

but if it were to last long term, religion would be the one thing that would stop it for me (I am a devout Christian)
    Wait, but wouldn´t you being a christian make the religious clash small. Both Christianity and Islam as Abrahamic Religions and quite close in many aspects. We have our differences but there are far more shared beliefs.
    What is your opinion on followers of Islam? Can christians marry non-christians or is it not allowed, because muslim men can certainly marry christian women.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, but wouldn´t you being a christian make the religious clash small. Both Christianity and Islam as Abrahamic Religions and quite close in many aspects. We have our differences but there are far more shared beliefs.
    What is your opinion on followers of Islam? Can christians marry non-christians or is it not allowed, because muslim men can certainly marry christian women.
    I don't have a problem with the Islamic religion because I know that they are quite similar. But if the relationship was to really go full term, it would be things like the religion of the wedding ceremony and the religion of the children that would cause difficulty as my family certainly would want the children brought up as catholic (and so would I) whereas I'm sure that the guy's family would want them to be brought up as muslim

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    I am an American woman and I am dating an Iraqi man. I find him attractive. He is also kind, generous, intelligent, and overall amazing. He is a bit stubborn but I adore him.

As far as a general opinion... I don't have one for any group of people. We are all just people, there is good and bad in all of us.

I do understand that there are cultural differences. I personally am not a fan of the American culture but I believe that others have the right to live as they please. We each have our place in this world and and it may or may not be beside someone of your own cultural background.

I hope that this was useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelbonita)
    He is a bit stubborn but I adore him.
    Just a bit stubborn? Well he definitely is not the Iraqi Kurd then.

ReputationRep:
    For me as an Iraqi, I had traveled a lot and faced no problem with any girl from any culture. The key is the way you look at her. Girls are very smart and can tell what you are aiming by looking inside your eyes. Wasn't dumped because I'm from Iraq by anyone as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    This is quite possibly the most pathetic conversation ever.

ReputationRep:
    Do you find Iraqi guys attractive (or arabs in general)?
    Saddam Hussein was pretty good looking before he died.

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg Saddam.jpg (34.8 KB)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.