Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was planning to do a like 4 - 6 weeks (not too long I know) travelling around North America by myself after a few weeks in the South with a friend.
    I was wondering if anyone else was doing a similar thing and what you were planning to do e.g. going by yourself, as an organised travel group like Trek America etc.

It also may offer a chance to plan something together if you were going by yourself. I just wanted some ideas as to what to do

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm doing the same thing; I wanted to go with friends but I don't think they can fund it, so I might be going on my own.

I'm planning everything in the summer, but my rough plan is:
    -Starting in NYC, renting a car (depending on the ridiculous surcharge they'll insist on).
    -Road trip to L.A (passing through Houston, Tx).
    -Once I find an apartment to rent for a month, I'll start on my long list of activities.

Around what month are you thinking of going next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meedo The Trusty 1)
    I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm doing the same thing; I wanted to go with friends but I don't think they can fund it, so I might be going on my own.

I'm planning everything in the summer, but my rough plan is:
    -Starting in NYC, renting a car (depending on the ridiculous surcharge they'll insist on).
    -Road trip to L.A (passing through Houston, Tx).
    -Once I find an apartment to rent for a month, I'll start on my long list of activities.

Around what month are you thinking of going next year?
    Well actually I'm on my gap year now, was planning maybe May/June if it is still possible with short notice. Only 19, so renting it out the question for me :P

ReputationRep:
    Like two weeks ago I decided I was going to work in New York, but apparently it's impossible not just like improbable, so I'm thinking about getting a working holiday visa for Canada instead and then I'll travel down to New York... somehow.... NYCNYCNYC
    By the way, would you have to not drink for all the time you're there? In America.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.