Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's really nothing to stop you taking your own interpretation of the Qur'an and Islam, identifying as a Muslim but opposing the organised stance on homosexuality.

A key point is that every single person on earth today is the same as you. No one has any special insight or understanding that you don't. We all have the same scriptures and the same evidence as you. The way you are made and the way you are is as much a product of God as the Qur'an is, so if you take the interpretation that God made you the way you were meant to be, and that the desires you have are natural and intentional on the behalf of Allah, there's really no one who can guarantee you are wrong. There are people who will disagree, and people who will preach their own interpretation, but ultimately, they're they same as you. They are human just like you and don't know any better than you do. No one can tell you how to resolve Islam with yourself because no one on earth has any more information on Allah's will than you. I suggest you ask yourself and ask God whatis the correct path for you.

ReputationRep:
    I too am in a similar situation, I'm in a Christian family and have come out gay and most people are cool with it but my dad and other men never talk to me anymore espically when I'm with my boyfriend. My advice is that you should come out a whole lot of weight feels lifted off your soldiers, and now I'm in a commited relationship with my boyfriend and I've never been happier

(Original post by JoshC97)
    I too am in a similar situation, I'm in a Christian family and have come out gay and most people are cool with it but my dad and other men never talk to me anymore espically when I'm with my boyfriend. My advice is that you should come out a whole lot of weight feels lifted off your soldiers, and now I'm in a commited relationship with my boyfriend and I've never been happier ����������
    Poll
    Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.