The Student Room Group

My Ucas has been hacked!!! :(

I had phone Ucas to find out why I couldn't log in to my Ucas track and they said it was because my application had been withdrawn. I am really upset I don't know what to do. :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
aww that is such a shame. who the **** would do this? ruin someones chances of a future.
Why was it withdrawn?
If you phoned them then they should have been able to advise you on how to undo this. They can usually do it over the phone.
Reply 4
I don't know why someone would withdraw it. I just don't know what to do. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doctorwho
I don't know why someone would withdraw it. I just don't know what to do. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call UCAS

Ask them to undo it.
You need to phone UCAS again as soon as possible and get them to sort it out, explain that your account may have been hacked into.
Reply 7
I phoned them up and they said that I have to phone the universities say what has happened and it is up to them what they want to do!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I phoned them up and they said that I have to phone the universities say what has happened and it is up to them what they want to do!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt they will refuse to consider you again if it clearly wasn't you that withdrew.
did you leave yourself logged in? did anyone know your password? that is so bad :/ I hope things work out - UCAS should be able to undo it!
Reply 10
Ucas said they can't do anything unless the universities want me back on the system. I didn't tell anyone anything. So I don't know how they did it. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
My Ucas account was hacked and they withdrew my application. The only reason I found this out was because I contacted Ucas as my account login details wasn't working. I was really upset when i found out and i don't understand why someone would do this!! :'( I want to find out who did this because it is a criminal offence to hack someone else's account as Ucas are not doing anything about can someone please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is awful! Why would anyone do that. Can't believe they won't do anything hope you get it sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Ucas account was hacked and they withdrew my application. The only reason I found this out was because I contacted Ucas as my account login details wasn't working. I was really upset when i found out and i don't understand why someone would do this!! :'( I want to find out who did this because it is a criminal offence to hack someone else's account as Ucas are not doing anything about can someone please help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is truly awful. Sorry to hear that.

If I were you I'd ring (not email but ring) to let each university aware of your situation. Send an email afterwards which gets a written version of accounts down. The point of calling them is so that they are immediately aware of your situation, unlike with emails where they can take God knows how long. Hopefully, they will be able to deal with your matter quickly. That's just my opinion, but also ask your school for advice.

Best of luck!
I'm so sorry to hear this, hope it all gets sorted out. :redface:
maybe it was the daleks
There must be a way to IP check the last logins?
Reply 17
What is an ip check?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is awful! You should definitely contact the universities that you applied to. If you've already received offers from some of them, then it should be easier to negotiate from those who haven't gotten back to you yet.

I've got my fingers crossed for you; good luck! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Savvy Sage
There must be a way to IP check the last logins?

The beuraucracy involved in getting meaningful information from an IP address would be too much. Plus they can't act on the fact a different IP range withdrew the application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending