Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do I achieve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I know these posts are a bit lame! But as the title says - how do I get a body like this lovely lady, posted below?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  tumblr_mhw4nqenZA1qmuxr8o1_500.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  109.7 KB

I'm female, 5"2, 7st 3, with a small frame, but I tend to put weight on around my middle. I go to the gym regularly but I'm not sure what I'm doing is enough for what I want to achieve. I do around 40 mins of moderate cardio altogether (in a circuit, on elliptical, bike, rowing machine) and then work with free weights, bicep curls, chest press and do some body weight exercises.

I know diet is going to be a huge part of this as well, should I be eating a bit more than I usually do, if I want to achieve the muscle definition? My diet at the moment isn't bad but I'm trying to get some more protein in it. Should I be doing cardio and weight training on different days instead of mixing them in a circuit? Are there any really good back/arm exercises that might be useful either with weights or on the machines?

Sorry if I sound like a complete novice. I've been reading a lot of different things about how to approach this and am a bit confused and would really appreciate any advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lights)
    Sorry I know these posts are a bit lame! But as the title says - how do I get a body like this lovely lady, posted below?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  tumblr_mhw4nqenZA1qmuxr8o1_500.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  109.7 KB

I'm female, 5"2, 7st 3, with a small frame, but I tend to put weight on around my middle. I go to the gym regularly but I'm not sure what I'm doing is enough for what I want to achieve. I do around 40 mins of moderate cardio altogether (in a circuit, on elliptical, bike, rowing machine) and then work with free weights, bicep curls, chest press and do some body weight exercises.

I know diet is going to be a huge part of this as well, should I be eating a bit more than I usually do, if I want to achieve the muscle definition? My diet at the moment isn't bad but I'm trying to get some more protein in it. Should I be doing cardio and weight training on different days instead of mixing them in a circuit? Are there any really good back/arm exercises that might be useful either with weights or on the machines?

Sorry if I sound like a complete novice. I've been reading a lot of different things about how to approach this and am a bit confused and would really appreciate any advice!
    Eat like a grown up- you know what's good and what's bad for you. Eat right 90% of the time. No need to complicate it any more than that.

Get stronger- lift heavy things in a productive manner, barbell squats, deadlifts, presses and rows.

Stay in shape- do sprints/push a sled/run up a hill a couple of times per week and try to walk a decent distance every day.

There you go.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.