AQA A2 Biology Qualitative ISA

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
ClaireDobson
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
'An investigation on the hydrolysis of sucrose by immobilised invertase and by immobilised yeast cells

Can anyone give me any help on this??
EatinMafia
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
well sucrose breaks down to glucose + fructose and these are both reducing sugars, so this is the benedicts tests or the glucose test strips for the testing of the products. the only reason why we would need to know the buriets is for to see if there was any contamination in the products as this test for protein and enzymes are protein molecules.

So the Tests we should:
Buriets
Glucose test strip (it is very basic nothing to worry about )
Benedicts

Disadvantage of Glucose test strips
- test only glucose
- some strips may be more sensitive
- the colour chart is to personal statement
- inaccurate results if not left in long enough in the products solution

Invertase
- produces more product
- no yeast contamination
- yeast will use up glucose for respiration

Yeast cells
- no enzymes costs
- no enzyme contamination in the products
- no tricky expensive enzyme extraction

thats all i have down for this hope it helps good luck and hone is yours
lool mines tomoz
MelonMaccyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Hey EatinMafia how did it go?
I've got the exact same thing coming up soon, so any further tips would be great
Cheers :P
EatinMafia
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Unfortunately My board is OCR so i wouldn't be able to tell you what will be the exact questions.
but if you know everything that i said in my other post you will ace it i know this because i got 10/10so yeah just learn everything i wrote before you'll ace it
Very easy
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
did you need to know non reducing test]
_sarahlx
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EatinMafia)
Unfortunately My board is OCR so i wouldn't be able to tell you what will be the exact questions.
but if you know everything that i said in my other post you will ace it i know this because i got 10/10so yeah just learn everything i wrote before you'll ace it
Very easy
I'm doing the same one with OCR next week and I'm nervous you don't happen to remember anything do you
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads