Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if the culture at Cazenove is any different to the general JP Morgan (London) culture? The two are in the same building in Canary Wharf but Cazenove was an entirely different bank a few years back with its own culture.

ReputationRep:
    No you cant apply specifically to Cazenove. Afaik Cazenove basically does alll JPM's UK business, and from what I have heard from people who've interned at JPM it's basically where they lump all the people who dont speak a European language.

Cant imagine the culture being any different at the junior level, except from the fact that imagine a lot of the more senior bankers (VPs and above) will probably be old Cazenove guys. Afaik about Cazenove it was one of those "blue blood banking" sorta houses, so I imagine a lot of the older guys will be posh toffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    No you cant apply specifically to Cazenove. Afaik Cazenove basically does alll JPM's UK business, and from what I have heard from people who've interned at JPM it's basically where they lump all the people who dont speak a European language.

Cant imagine the culture being any different at the junior level, except from the fact that imagine a lot of the more senior bankers (VPs and above) will probably be old Cazenove guys. Afaik about Cazenove it was one of those "blue blood banking" sorta houses, so I imagine a lot of the older guys will be posh toffs.
    This something that I have noticed aswell, why is this tho? Its not just the older guys who come from good backgrounds that are working in M&A at JPM Cazanove etc.. but alot of the new blood are aswell....Alot of the Royals circle of friends work there....and this could also be said for alor of M&A positions in the city.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.