Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does UCL accept A2 module retakes for psychology degrees?
    I've been given a conditional offer of A*AA but my UMS marks for my most recent A2 modules are not as high as I had hoped so I am considering retaking a maths module so as to improve my chances of getting an A* in maths.

I take 4 A levels, having secured 4 As at AS with UMS above 90 in all modules, it is statistically relatively easy for me to get As this year too though I'm worried about getting an A*. I have however got an A* in my Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) so do you think UCL is likely to accept me if I missed my offer but got 4 As and no A*s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasaurus)
    Does UCL accept A2 module retakes for psychology degrees?
    I've been given a conditional offer of A*AA but my UMS marks for my most recent A2 modules are not as high as I had hoped so I am considering retaking a maths module so as to improve my chances of getting an A* in maths.

I take 4 A levels, having secured 4 As at AS with UMS above 90 in all modules, it is statistically relatively easy for me to get As this year too though I'm worried about getting an A*. I have however got an A* in my Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) so do you think UCL is likely to accept me if I missed my offer but got 4 As and no A*s?
    If you retake in June UCL wont care - the only issue uni's really have with retakes is if you take 3 years to complete an A Level. So retaking modules within the 2 years is fine

If you get AAAA its quite likely you would be accepted, however if they have huge numbers of people meeting their offer then they are within their rights to reject you in August. However, realistically with 4A's i would expect them to accept you. - if you email to ask you would probably get a generic reply saying it depends on numbers. If you take 2 science subjects as well i would think this would increase your likelihood of being accepted with 4A's as well

best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I really hope so, and I do take two sciences so fingers crossed.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.