Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Why not??

G
    I don't want to hi-jack this thread. I just don't really find it very interesting - although at the moment i'm not finding very much interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Economics and management studies - and i'm not looking forward to it.

Out of interest as i'm getting a bit concerned, have you received anything about accommodation? I phoned them as i had my place already at the end of August and asked if i could book up some accommodation, but they said i had to do it at the same time as everyone else. I just hope they haven't forgotten about me or not received my confirmation.
    i just got a booklet through the post about a month ago. i think you can start applying on the 31st March. Do you know which halls you want to be in yet. I think I want to be in Boddington or Clarence Dock, but they are both quite afr from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    BBB for Cinema, Photography and Television Studies
    aww...my mate wanted 2 do that but was declined...ur gnna meet soo many people i know...lol....seems like my whole school goes there...!

ReputationRep:
    Montague Burton, Charles Morris or Henry Price. Charles Morris was my first choice last year, i was told Montague Burton was good and Henry price is just convenient (looks ugly though).

I better contact the university then about my accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    The Times ranks them for envirnmental science as follows:

Southampton 4th
    Leeds 9th
    Brighton 22nd
    Portsmouth 23rd
    Uni of west of england 28th
    Wolverhampton 35th
    Essex -
    On this evidence...it's between Southampton and Leeds. However...despite the fact that Southampton is ranked higher..i'd be tempted to say Leeds cos it's not that much 'worse' than Southampton.....but it's (in my opinion) a better university city and area....depends on your preference though!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    aww...my mate wanted 2 do that but was declined...ur gnna meet soo many people i know...lol....seems like my whole school goes there...!
    cool - if they're anyhting like you then i'm definitely looking forward to it! where in the north are you from again?

I can't apply for accomodation yrt though coz stupid Westminster haven't replied. shall i ring up and withdraw my application? i definitely don't want to go there.

G4ry what is the student village called at Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    I can't apply for accomodation yrt though coz stupid Westminster haven't replied. shall i ring up and withdraw my application? i definitely don't want to go there.
    I'd withdraw it....if you're definitely not going to go there....then there's no point hanging around. Just ring them up/write to them and ask to withdraw your application....that way you could get first dibs on accommodation!!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    G4ry what is the student village called at Leeds?
    I asked my brother; who went there. He said there isn't a student village as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I asked my brother; who went there. He said there isn't a student village as such.
    oh right, when i went on the open day 2 weeks ago the guy who showed us around said the student village was the best place to stay :confused: oh well...

ReputationRep:
    oh right, when i went on the open day 2 weeks ago the guy who showed us around said the student village was the best place to stay :confused: oh well...
    He probably meant on campus - near the lecture halls. I guess. Some of the accommodation is about 2 miles away from the university, so this could be wwhat he meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    He probably meant on campus - near the lecture halls. I guess. Some of the accommodation is about 2 miles away from the university, so this could be wwhat he meant.
    yeah, probably - i saw the outside of Charles Morris - really near to student union etc...dunno if i wanna stay there though

ReputationRep:
    yeah, probably - i saw the outside of Charles Morris - really near to student union etc...dunno if i wanna stay there though
    Yeah, i wouldn't fancy a ground floor flat. Get woken up at the night with some drunk banging on your window - it would scare the hell out of me It's the one that's near the big lecture hall isn't it?

Have you seen Henry Price? It's a huge rectangular building near the Leeds Business school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Yeah, i wouldn't fancy a ground floor flat. Get woken up at the night with some drunk banging on your window - it would scare the hell out of me It's the one that's near the big lecture hall isn't it?

Have you seen Henry Price? It's a huge rectangular building near the Leeds Business school.
    nope Charles Morris is the only one i've seen. i need to have a good lok at the website before i apply, but i think i'll choose Clarence Dock in the end

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2004
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.