G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Why not??

G
I don't want to hi-jack this thread. I just don't really find it very interesting - although at the moment i'm not finding very much interesting.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Economics and management studies - and i'm not looking forward to it.

Out of interest as i'm getting a bit concerned, have you received anything about accommodation? I phoned them as i had my place already at the end of August and asked if i could book up some accommodation, but they said i had to do it at the same time as everyone else. I just hope they haven't forgotten about me or not received my confirmation.
i just got a booklet through the post about a month ago. i think you can start applying on the 31st March. Do you know which halls you want to be in yet. I think I want to be in Boddington or Clarence Dock, but they are both quite afr from the uni.
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
BBB for Cinema, Photography and Television Studies
aww...my mate wanted 2 do that but was declined...ur gnna meet soo many people i know...lol....seems like my whole school goes there...!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Montague Burton, Charles Morris or Henry Price. Charles Morris was my first choice last year, i was told Montague Burton was good and Henry price is just convenient (looks ugly though).

I better contact the university then about my accommodation.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
The Times ranks them for envirnmental science as follows:

Southampton 4th
Leeds 9th
Brighton 22nd
Portsmouth 23rd
Uni of west of england 28th
Wolverhampton 35th
Essex -
On this evidence...it's between Southampton and Leeds. However...despite the fact that Southampton is ranked higher..i'd be tempted to say Leeds cos it's not that much 'worse' than Southampton.....but it's (in my opinion) a better university city and area....depends on your preference though!

G
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kokopops)
aww...my mate wanted 2 do that but was declined...ur gnna meet soo many people i know...lol....seems like my whole school goes there...!
cool - if they're anyhting like you then i'm definitely looking forward to it! where in the north are you from again?

I can't apply for accomodation yrt though coz stupid Westminster haven't replied. shall i ring up and withdraw my application? i definitely don't want to go there.

G4ry what is the student village called at Leeds?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I can't apply for accomodation yrt though coz stupid Westminster haven't replied. shall i ring up and withdraw my application? i definitely don't want to go there.
I'd withdraw it....if you're definitely not going to go there....then there's no point hanging around. Just ring them up/write to them and ask to withdraw your application....that way you could get first dibs on accommodation!!!!

G
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
G4ry what is the student village called at Leeds?
I asked my brother; who went there. He said there isn't a student village as such.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I asked my brother; who went there. He said there isn't a student village as such.
oh right, when i went on the open day 2 weeks ago the guy who showed us around said the student village was the best place to stay :confused: oh well...
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh right, when i went on the open day 2 weeks ago the guy who showed us around said the student village was the best place to stay :confused: oh well...
He probably meant on campus - near the lecture halls. I guess. Some of the accommodation is about 2 miles away from the university, so this could be wwhat he meant.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
He probably meant on campus - near the lecture halls. I guess. Some of the accommodation is about 2 miles away from the university, so this could be wwhat he meant.
yeah, probably - i saw the outside of Charles Morris - really near to student union etc...dunno if i wanna stay there though
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, probably - i saw the outside of Charles Morris - really near to student union etc...dunno if i wanna stay there though
Yeah, i wouldn't fancy a ground floor flat. Get woken up at the night with some drunk banging on your window - it would scare the hell out of me It's the one that's near the big lecture hall isn't it?

Have you seen Henry Price? It's a huge rectangular building near the Leeds Business school.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Yeah, i wouldn't fancy a ground floor flat. Get woken up at the night with some drunk banging on your window - it would scare the hell out of me It's the one that's near the big lecture hall isn't it?

Have you seen Henry Price? It's a huge rectangular building near the Leeds Business school.
nope Charles Morris is the only one i've seen. i need to have a good lok at the website before i apply, but i think i'll choose Clarence Dock in the end
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (23)
7.57%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (23)
7.57%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (65)
21.38%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (37)
12.17%
No, nothing has changed (95)
31.25%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (61)
20.07%

Watched Threads