Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Head and Lungs hurt after jogging? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a 17 year old male, and I'm extremely unfit. I recently became an organ donor, and since then I've adopted the attitude that my body is no longer just my own, and so I've decided to try and become fitter. The way I saw that was to start jogging every day or two!

So thats all well and great. Normally when I do it I've been trying to push myself, so this has led to me getting a slightly sore chest, and having difficulty breathing while running (I obviously take a break if this happens) but tonight I came in, and I got really light headed and I felt a dull pain in my head. Does anyone know what this is, and what I can do to stop this in the future?

ReputationRep:
    your LUNGS hurt????IMMEDIATLY GO SEE THE DOCTORS,that doesnt sound right at all,seriously.With regarads to the headache tho,the usual cause is dehydration so make sure you drink plenty!

ReputationRep:
    If you're finding you get light-headed, it might be worth carrying some boiled sweets just in case. Also maybe wear a neckwarmer at the moment since it's so cold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumaanaa)
    your LUNGS hurt????IMMEDIATLY GO SEE THE DOCTORS,that doesnt sound right at all,seriously.With regarads to the headache tho,the usual cause is dehydration so make sure you drink plenty!
    I have trouble breathing and I get a pain in my chest when I breath - that subsides rather quickly when I get in - it might not, and probably isn't, my lungs. I actually think thats down to improper breathing technique (I remember in P.E getting told to breath a certain way ).

Thanks about the headache thing, It went away after 15 mins or so, I think in future I'll carry some water on me when I go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    If you're finding you get light-headed, it might be worth carrying some boiled sweets just in case. Also maybe wear a neckwarmer at the moment since it's so cold.
    I'll do this Thanks

I actually wrap up quite a lot since I want to hide my identity...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Hey, I'm a 17 year old male, and I'm extremely unfit. I recently became an organ donor, and since then I've adopted the attitude that my body is no longer just my own, and so I've decided to try and become fitter. The way I saw that was to start jogging every day or two!

So thats all well and great. Normally when I do it I've been trying to push myself, so this has led to me getting a slightly sore chest, and having difficulty breathing while running (I obviously take a break if this happens) but tonight I came in, and I got really light headed and I felt a dull pain in my head. Does anyone know what this is, and what I can do to stop this in the future?
    I would get yourself to the doctor asap and have this investigated. It could be something as simple as asthma (which definitely needs treating still!) or something else. I'm afraid advice on how to stop this happening in the future on here isn't going to help.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like your not taking enough oxygen in when jogging which should improve with fitness but if your concerned go see a doctor to check for anything more sinister!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.