Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Boils on buttocks and thighs Watch

Hey, I'm male, in my mid to late teens. I recently have had a problem of recurring boils - which I think is due to stress of school - and they've left really ugly scars, particularly on the butt. I'm extremely self-conscious of my body, and these just make me feel ashamed.

Does anyone know any way to get rid of them, without having to get cosmetic surgery, or going to the doctors?

ReputationRep:
    Two letters for you-

G P

I used to have this when i was in mid to late teens and i think stress and worry was a big factor.
    The scarring will go and they will eventually stop. Try to ignore the fact they are there, as soon as i started doing that they pretty much went. I used to get so paranoid about my ex seeing them when we had sex and i think the worry made them worse.

I feel for you, they are horrible.

I always get boils during exam period, it's horrible.
    Sudocrem helps

(Original post by Rooster523)
    Two letters for you-

G P
    I'd really rather not... I know the boils are down to stress, so they should go away after this little rough patch in my life, its more the scarring.

I will go if its a last resort though.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to have this when i was in mid to late teens and i think stress and worry was a big factor.
    The scarring will go and they will eventually stop. Try to ignore the fact they are there, as soon as i started doing that they pretty much went. I used to get so paranoid about my ex seeing them when we had sex and i think the worry made them worse.

I feel for you, they are horrible.
    I don't think the scarring will go though Some have been there for a few months, and while some of them are a light brown colour - which doesn't bother me too much - others are a really dark purple which is just ugly. I'm honestly ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    Scars unfortunately often the only way to get rid is to have cosmetic surgery but i would say that the scars you have are not that serious so over time they will heal by them selves, there are also creams/oils you can buy that are supposed to help remove the scar tissue, maybe these would work for you.

Take care

ReputationRep:
    Bio-Oil.

I find I only get boils round my nether regions when I've been wearing the same pants too long or haven't washed my pyjamas recently enough. (Gross I know, I'm sorry).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Bio-Oil.

I find I only get boils round my nether regions when I've been wearing the same pants too long or haven't washed my pyjamas recently enough. (Gross I know, I'm sorry).
    You are only human

(Original post by Anonymous)

I don't think the scarring will go though Some have been there for a few months, and while some of them are a light brown colour - which doesn't bother me too much - others are a really dark purple which is just ugly. I'm honestly ashamed.
    It will go, dont despair, maybe try bio oil like someone else suggested? or look online for other things that help scarring
    You could try sudocrem on fresh ones. But dont try too many things on the fresh ones as it could make it worse.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.