Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Studying Sound, Light and live event tech. please add me to the list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daggertom)
    Studying Sound, Light and live event tech. please add me to the list
    Done! Sorry I didn't add you before; I'm only adding people who consent. ^^;

ReputationRep:
    I'll be heading into my second year of Computer Games Programming this year, if there's anyone on any of the computing courses - so, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, CGMA etc. - that wants to ask some questions or wants a heads up, just ask. FYI all of the computing students sit the same first year, just to clear that up. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SquigXcore)
    I'll be heading into my second year of Computer Games Programming this year, if there's anyone on any of the computing courses - so, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, CGMA etc. - that wants to ask some questions or wants a heads up, just ask. FYI all of the computing students sit the same first year, just to clear that up. ^^
    Oh awesome. Myself and Crazyalex123 are doing computing - I'm doing CGMA and he's doing Games Programming! Are the CGMA classes with the others then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighcakes)
    Oh awesome. Myself and Crazyalex123 are doing computing - I'm doing CGMA and he's doing Games Programming! Are the CGMA classes with the others then?
    Yep! If you're getting the same treatment as we are now, which you should be because it only changed this year, everyone will have the same timetable, save a couple course specific tutorial slots. That means everyone will learn a little programming, a little forensics, no specific graphics in the first year unless you're on that course. It's more or less a year to learn all of the basic stuff that you will need to know for a future in the computer science industry! Hope that helps!

Where are you going to be staying? Halls? Also if you have any more specific questions I'll do my best to answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! If you're getting the same treatment as we are now, which you should be because it only changed this year, everyone will have the same timetable, save a couple course specific tutorial slots. That means everyone will learn a little programming, a little forensics, no specific graphics in the first year unless you're on that course. It's more or less a year to learn all of the basic stuff that you will need to know for a future in the computer science industry! Hope that helps!

Where are you going to be staying? Halls? Also if you have any more specific questions I'll do my best to answer.
    Oooh, okay! I didn't know that. That's pretty cool.

Hoping to stay at Sir Peter Hilton En suite room, if there's any left! If not, en suite plus is my second choice. Heard it's a good halls for first years so I wanted to get the proper fresher experience, albeit a year later than my friends. (I'm on a gap year.)

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too excited about the en-suites... Unless you like the sounds of space travel, because they're like little space-shuttle-toilet-pods! I had one in my first-first year in Buxton. I'm a year late too, but not because I had a gap year. Also not because I failed though, in case you get ideas...

ReputationRep:
    Don't get too excited about the en-suites... Unless you like the sounds of space travel, because they're like little space-shuttle-toilet-pods! I had one in my first-first year in Buxton. I'm a year late too, but not because I had a gap year. Also not because I failed though, in case you get ideas...
    I'm too much of a clean-freak to share the bathrooms. Not without the other students paying me for my excessive cleaning anyway!

And how come a year later? Usually it's down to gap years or retaking a year. Unless you started college a year later...?

ReputationRep:
    And how come a year later? Usually it's down to gap years or retaking a year. Unless you started college a year later...?
    I sort of had a gap-half-year. I went to uni just to prolong not having to work full-time in a depressing career originally. Three months in, I discovered what I actually wanted to do, then got a temporary full-time job back home to prepare and get the kit I needed. :P

Everything works out in the end B)

ReputationRep:
    Im going to be doing history

ReputationRep:
    Film and video production

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie1994)
    Im going to be doing history

(Original post by coolboyd3)
    Film and video production

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Added both!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying Forensic science with Criminology.

Alison

ReputationRep:
    Graphic Design , Hopefully staying at Sir peters , Booking soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alisoncau)
    I'll be studying Forensic science with Criminology.

Alison

(Original post by Ferniando)
    Graphic Design , Hopefully staying at Sir peters , Booking soon!

Added you both!

Alison - Molly is on the same course as you. ^^ Woo, we have another pair!

Ferniando - awesome! I'm staying in SPH too. Already got my flat allocated.

ReputationRep:
    Added you both!

Alison - Molly is on the same course as you. ^^ Woo, we have another pair!

Ferniando - awesome! I'm staying in SPH too. Already got my flat allocated.
    cool ! I'll be doing that as soon as I can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferniando)
    cool ! I'll be doing that as soon as I can
    I'm staying at SPH too. Already got my room. Xx

ReputationRep:
    Studying Marine Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alisoncau)
    I'm staying at SPH too. Already got my room. Xx
    What flat you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by american_rachel)
    Studying Marine Biology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Added you to the list

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.