The Student Room Group

Requesting advice on Degree choice

Hi everyone,

I want to go into a business line of work but also like psychology.
I have been looking at some recruitment for businesses and the applications state 'business psychology" etc.

My question is if I do a standard psychology degree, will that exclude me from applying to anything that specifically says business psychology.

Thank you
What do you mean by:

I have been looking at some recruitment for businesses and the applications state 'business psychology" etc.

No business requires you to have a business/psychology degree. Doing any mixed degree like psychology with maths/economics/history/sociology may seem better to employers generally, but I doubt anyone specifies that you need business studies to go into a business, let alone business psychology (not sure what that is).
If the jobs are requesting recent graduates, a straight psychology degree will be fine, you won't need to have combined honours in business/psychology or anything like that depending on what they are requesting candidates to have.

However if the job is for an occupational psychologist, you'll need to do further training before getting a job in this role, a BPS accredited masters in occupational psychology and two years supervised practice.
http://www.bps.org.uk/careers-education-training/how-become-psychologist/types-psychologists/becoming-occupational-psychol

Quick Reply

Latest