Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get experience in a laboratory/scientific environment and a good degree accredited by a scientific body, I don't think employers should be fussed about Salford in terms of reputation.
    I've chosen to study Biomedical Science at Salford in September, because the placements look good as well as the course.
    Then again I'm not 100% sure as I haven't applied for scientific jobs let alone started a degree yet.
    I think that although Salford isn't a well known university, and although it doesn't have high grade requirements, I don't think it should mean employers will be less likely to employ you. Plus Salford has had some good studies and research.

It's also down to you, because the more amount of work you put in, the more you'll get out of it.

Hope this helps but this is just my opinion and not fact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indeepshiz)
    I studied at manchester for a year previously. Is salford a huge step down in terms of reputation with employers? I'd be studying science.
    It's a step down, but at the same time it's not really worth worrying about unless you have an offer to study at Manchester again. Do the best you can, and see where it leads you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xchatterbox14x)
    As long as you get experience in a laboratory/scientific environment and a good degree accredited by a scientific body, I don't think employers should be fussed about Salford in terms of reputation.
    I've chosen to study Biomedical Science at Salford in September, because the placements look good as well as the course.
    Then again I'm not 100% sure as I haven't applied for scientific jobs let alone started a degree yet.
    I think that although Salford isn't a well known university, and although it doesn't have high grade requirements, I don't think it should mean employers will be less likely to employ you. Plus Salford has had some good studies and research.

It's also down to you, because the more amount of work you put in, the more you'll get out of it.

Hope this helps but this is just my opinion and not fact
    I agree. Salford isn't a huge step down at all and the reputation it has with employers has greatly improved over the last few years due to the university schemes like the Salford advantage award. I've studied at both uni's now and personally feel that Salford is a much better university with more approachable staff who are equally as knowledgable. It's best if you research your department and see what they offer and what current links they have. If they don't have one that you would like then maybe you could talk to staff about building links. Your student rep could support you with this too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.