Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hullo everyone!

Well, as the title says, I'm torn between KCL and Glasgow University. I received an offer for Film & TV studies from Glasgow university (but I can study 3 subjects, and I know that I'll choose history of art and theatre) whilst I've got an offer for English with Film Studies at KCL.

Everything is perfect about Glasgow university. The course is exactly what I want to do, and I know it's a very good university. Plus, it's free for me (I'm from France). It's well reputed for both drama and history of art so I know I should not hesitate. But it's far away from me.

I don't really like King's' course because it's a major/minor programme (film studies as the minor) and this concretely means that I'll spend most of my time studying English (which does not appeal to me) and film will become secondary... But it's in London, so it's only one hour by train away from me, and I'm really excited at the thought of living right in the heart of London, even though I know it's expensive and that I have the tuition fees to pay. I know I should not, it's stupid, the rankings don't mean anything etc. but I can't help thinking that King's is more prestigious than Glasgow (I know that both unis are pretty equivalent though) and I wonder if this is really important.

I know that realistically, Glasgow is where I should go, I realise it. But I still hesitate. I don't know exactly what I want to do at postgraduate level. It could be in the creative industries or in architectural history... I can still change my mind so I don't know if it would be a good idea to base my decision on this.

What do you think, guys?

ReputationRep:
    Please, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it sounds like you've got your heart set on Glasgow, so I would go for that if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    To be honest, it sounds like you've got your heart set on Glasgow, so I would go for that if I were you.
    I must admit my heart was (and is still) set on Glasgow but I firmed KCL and put Royal Holloway as my insurance. I didn't want to give up such an opportunity. I don't think I can regret to have chosen KCL, whilst I could have regretted to have chosen Glasgow... It's still going to be great anyway.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.