The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

does anyone have definitions or something from the CD? Thanks :smile: Also, i havnt looked at any past papers yet, but do they usually ask definitions?
Eugh I hate Chemistry so much!! Doing this paper, F322 AND F324 in the Summer!! Literally a case of ARGH!! Can't do Chem exams apparently!! At a D overall at the moment and need a B!! :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MathsNerd1
Erm, yeah that should be fine. Still only for 2 hours though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK you start:smile: we do chapters 1 and 2 , for chapter 2 do pages 166-181
Original post by BeckyChatfield
Eugh I hate Chemistry so much!! Doing this paper, F322 AND F324 in the Summer!! Literally a case of ARGH!! Can't do Chem exams apparently!! At a D overall at the moment and need a B!! :frown:

I feel for you, I'm doing F321, F324 and this one as well for the summer, luckily I got a B in F322 so I won't be redoing that one but I need an A overall for my chosen university, we just need to work hard and hopefully it'll all pay off in the end :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by otrivine
OK you start:smile: we do chapters 1 and 2 , for chapter 2 do pages 166-181

Okay let's build into like always.
Define lattice enthalpy and enthalpy change of atomisation. (4)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay let's build into like always.
Define lattice enthalpy and enthalpy change of atomisation. (4)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lattice enthalpy is the energy that accompanies a reaction in which 1 mole of an ionic compound is formed from its gaseous ions under standard conditions.

Enthalpy change of atomisation is the enthalpy change that takes place when 1 mole of a gaseous atom is formed from the element under standard conditions.
Lattice enthalpy is the energy that accompanies a reaction in which 1 mole of an ionic compound is formed from its gaseous ions under standard conditions.

Enthalpy change of atomisation is the enthalpy change that takes place when 1 mole of a gaseous atom is formed from the element under standard conditions.

Correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write an equation between nitric acid and limestone and is the reaction a redox? (4)
Write an equation between nitric acid and limestone and is the reaction a redox? (4)

Okay the equation will be 2HNO3 + CaCO3 --> Ca(NO3)2 + H2O + CO2

And it isn't a redox equation? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay the equation will be 2HNO3 + CaCO3 --> Ca(NO3)2 + H2O + CO2

And it isn't a redox equation? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup correct!

my turn
Yup correct!

my turn

That's a relief! And okay, question 1. (5)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
That's a relief! And okay, question 1. (5)

Posted from TSR Mobile

-57.5 , correct to 3 sig figure
-57.5 , correct to 3 sig figure

Correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is the value for enthalpy change of atomisation always positive (1)
Why is the value for enthalpy change of atomisation always positive (1)

Because it is an endothermic process as the bonds have to be broken, hence the value is always positive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because it is an endothermic process as the bonds have to be broken, hence the value is always positive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

correct :smile: my turn:smile:
Okay, here you go. (7)

Posted from TSR Mobile

2)a) 0.43 moles
b) Concentration of CH3COOH = 0.43 , Con of C2H5OH = 1.43 and concentration for the ester and water is 1.57

c) Kc= 4.01 , no units
2)a) 0.43 moles
b) Concentration of CH3COOH = 0.43 , Con of C2H5OH = 1.43 and concentration for the ester and water is 1.57

c) Kc= 4.01 , no units

Except from part a you got it all right. The first part asked you how much of CH3COOH has reacted if 0.43 moles remained, so you'd do 2-0.43 to give 1.57 moles but other than that you were correct. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Except from part a you got it all right. The first part asked you how much of CH3COOH has reacted if 0.43 moles remained, so you'd do 2-0.43 to give 1.57 moles but other than that you were correct. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused::confused::confused: if that was wrong then I should have gotten a wrong Kc value?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending