Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)

Think I may do some Chem 4 and Phys 5 Questions now, and then review my Chem 5 Pre-Bed.
    I couldn't sleep last night because I feel in the wake of this exam, that I have abandoned Chem 4 and Phys 5! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacky123)
    We don't have to know the half equation for potassium dichromate do we?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with any predictions on what may come up?

ReputationRep:
    a quick question in the Jan 2013 paper, the question on 2)b)iii) why is the temperature 11 degrees? dont get that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevloui)
    Anyone with any predictions on what may come up?
    Hi do you have some hard questions to post out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey952)
    can somebody explain why the first electron affinity is exothermic and the 2nd is endothermic ?
    As new electron configuration is more stable (lower energy) than the initial one, first electron affinites are always exothermic and as energy is required to overcome the repulsion between the negative ion and the electron, second electron affinities are always endothermic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    a quick question in the Jan 2013 paper, the question on 2)b)iii) why is the temperature 11 degrees? dont get that
    although the conc and vol of one of the things has changed, if you calc the moles - you will find it is similar to the previous calcuation. So you just write the same equation Q= MCdeltaT but instead of using 70 ( 35 + 35 ) as the vol, we use 105 ( 70 + 35 ) - that way you solve for T.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone send me the Jan 2013 paper please? I have done all the other papers this week haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymango)
    I couldn't sleep last night because I feel in the wake of this exam, that I have abandoned Chem 4 and Phys 5! Haha.
    Don't be stressed right now. Even if you feel it. Right now is the time to get into Performance Mode whatever mood you are in now will carry over into the Exam tomorrow so find a way to chill yourself out for 1 hour.

Thank god for all these Freaks on this forum with the exact same study habits. They are such animals!!

Chem 4 - ideally start going through it ASAP. Someone told me to get the past papers done by the end of Saturday/Sunday.

Phys 5 - what I'm doing is Jan 13 now, then reading all my essays pre-bead. Then Jan11/June 11 tomorrow.
    Phys 4 - I've done 2 papers but I should get them all done by Friday.

C3 - I'll probably do C4 papers tomorrow just so that I'm in the mind-set of doing new questions. C4 - need the papers done by End of Saturday,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyshaK)
    As new electron configuration is more stable (lower energy) than the initial one, first electron affinites are always exothermic and as energy is required to overcome the repulsion between the negative ion and the electron, second electron affinities are always endothermic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

can you tell me please, in the 2013 Jan paper on question 2)b)iii) how they got 11 degrees for the temp? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try using dT=Q/mc with the new mass value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    although the conc and vol of one of the things has changed, if you calc the moles - you will find it is similar to the previous calcuation. So you just write the same equation Q= MCdeltaT but instead of using 70 ( 35 + 35 ) as the vol, we use 105 ( 70 + 35 ) - that way you solve for T.
    but how would we now its 11

ReputationRep:
    Hi do you have some hard questions to post out
    I'm not sure, let me check ;D

ReputationRep:
    Hi

can you tell me please, in the 2013 Jan paper on question 2)b)iii) how they got 11 degrees for the temp? thanks
    1. E=mcT
    2. H=E/n - Apparently n is the Number of Moles of H20. I need to do this bit again actually.
    3.Equate Both.
    4. Re-arrange the equation and substitute the values.

I believe you get 10.95 or something like that and that rounds up to 11K.
    It is more of a Maths Question than it is a Chemistry Question. Come at me Otrivine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wl1)
    will Q be the same as the calculation above

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone willing to make any predictions of what may come
    Up? Seeing as Jan was atrocious?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wl1)
    Yeah this, you basically just re-arrange it with the new mass. It's a Maths Question not really a Chem question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Don't be stressed right now. Even if you feel it. Right now is the time to get into Performance Mode whatever mood you are in now will carry over into the Exam tomorrow so find a way to chill yourself out for 1 hour.

Chem 4 - ideally start going through it ASAP. Someone told me to get the past papers done by the end of Saturday/Sunday.

Phys 5 - what I'm doing is Jan 13 now, then reading all my essays pre-bead. Then Jan11/June 11 tomorrow.
    Phys 4 - I've done 2 papers but I should get them all done by Friday.

C3 - I'll probably do C4 papers tomorrow just so that I'm in the mind-set of doing new questions. C4 - need the papers done by End of Saturday,
    I have revised for all of my exams earlier on, just this week I have been very F325 heavy. I just need to refresh for the other exams after tomorrow. However I also have Biology on monday so I need to spread my time between all three of those exams. I always think chemistry is the worse though, it's my arch nemesis haha!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain 5cii june 2010 please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onkar-M)
    Is anyone willing to make any predictions of what may come
    Up? Seeing as Jan was atrocious?!
    I'll be able to tell you tomorrow after the Exam.

No kidding it is impossible to predict, so just learn everything.

Kstab hasn't come up in a while though.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.