Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galacticfear)
    Honestly, that one I did not understand. There did not seem to be any obvious method, other than the fact that lactic acid is just more well known for being in food.
    Maybe because the Pka is very close to the pH lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namod)
    Maybe because the Pka is very close to the pH lol?
    I thought about trying some kind of ratio of pH : pKa, but it was not really successful. All you can do with the pH is find the concentration of H+ needed. Not sure how this can help though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by überambitious_ox)
    Have you guys done every single paper?
    I have done June 2010 -> Jan 2013 if that is what you mean by every paper.

ReputationRep:
    The answer is 0.13 mol per dm cubed.

However, i get 0.013 mol per dm cubed

Attachment 225825

Could someone please explain why.

question is worth three marks
    Mistake in the mark scheme, specimen mark scheme has loads of mistakes in it btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyExams)
    Mistake in the mark scheme, specimen mark scheme has loads of mistakes in it btw.
    ahh thank you, so is 0.013 correct then?

MS also says some weird thing about halving phenol conc. at firs :confused:

ReputationRep:

I think it is saying you could take the 0.2 value from either phenol or its conjugate base.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is saying you could take the 0.2 value from either phenol or its conjugate base.
    Sorry, but what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but what do you mean?
    It says you have the same concentration of phenoxide as phenol. But a potential marker would not know if you chose the value of 0.2 from the phenol, or deduced it was the value for phenoxide. I am not certain, but I think that is all it means.

ReputationRep:
    It says you have the same concentration of phenoxide as phenol. But a potential marker would not know if you chose the value of 0.2 from the phenol, or deduced it was the value for phenoxide. I am not certain, but I think that is all it means.
    ahhh okay

how are you feeling about the exam?

ReputationRep:
    ahhh okay

how are you feeling about the exam?
    Pretty much doomed.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much doomed.
    I'm sure you'll do great hehe

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll do great hehe
    Well I was aiming for an A* until I was incapable for 2 months due to illness... I have literally had to learn the entire module over about 3 days. I only just did all the past papers today (yesterday now hehe). If I was confident I would be sleeping now instead. Also because I have an exam clash I am doing this exam at 9:00am. But don't think I will telling anyone the answers :P

ReputationRep:
    Well I was aiming for an A* until I was incapable for 2 months due to illness... I have literally had to learn the entire module over about 3 days. I only just did all the past papers today (yesterday now hehe). If I was confident I would be sleeping now instead. Also because I have an exam clash I am doing this exam at 9:00am. But don't think I will telling anyone the answers :P
    It is impressive to have learnt everything withing 3 days!

I'm sure you will still do very well

Good luck with both of the exams

ReputationRep:
    It is impressive to have learnt everything withing 3 days!

I'm sure you will still do very well

Good luck with both of the exams
    Thank you, I wish you all the best too.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I wish you all the best too.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Yep. Good luck everyone, hope this isn't as hard as January, I want to get my B and be done with this.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Good luck everyone, hope this isn't as hard as January, I want to get my B and be done with this.
    Judging by the trend of exams in recent years, it is set to be harder than January. I like to be the voice of doom and gloom hehehe.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, and to you too

ReputationRep:
    OMGGG...you know all this from 3 days revision..genious...and OMG again, you HAVEEE TO tell at least 1/2 of the really hard questions...:ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    any tips on what will most likely be the big markers?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.