Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    " i have come from the future " would have been more believable.
    You should check out my thread that explains in great detail what I went through in terms of illness. If you go on my profile and look at threads I have started.

ReputationRep:
    what was a* mark in jan 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    surely they wouldnt let you have access to a computer cause they know other people are yet to sit the exams..
    Well... I am not going to tell anyone anything

ReputationRep:
    in the enthalpy change of neutralisation if the moles are different , which one do we use as there are 2 acids?

ReputationRep:
    In Jan 2013 q8) ci. There is no clear color change at the end point but why in the mark scheme talk about the colours at the START of the reaction?

MnO4- is purple and Vn+ is violet, however surely only the ending point colours would matter which are yellow and pale pink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galacticfear)
    what mistakes did you do?

ReputationRep:
    OMG please help, 2 questions:

1) Do you only show electrons in half equations and then cancel etc for overall?
    2) Platin- it has a coordination number of 4 right? How many lp does it donate AND can it form optical isomers?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

ReputationRep:
    Hey i don't get how if we are given the equation for overall reaction and another equation for the half reaction, how we can obtain the other half reaction from them?>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuna)
    anyone?
    http://www.school-portal.co.uk/Group...urceId=4878290
    ^There is the mark scheme...

Equate X to Cr3+
    so because XSO4 has to be X2+ this means 3 moles of X must react with 2 moles of Cr3+
    Should be able to work it out from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galacticfear)
    for the redox questions...what would you 'suggest' to go over ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how much 86marks would have been in UMS for Jan 2013??? I'm rubbish at trying to work it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)

1) Do you only show electrons in half equations and then cancel etc for overall?
    2) Platin- it has a coordination number of 4 right? How many lp does it donate AND can it form optical isomers?

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    1) Yes
    2) Yes, it has a coordinate number of four, no it *doesn't have optical isomerism (it does have cis-trans though), and I'm not really sure what you mean about it donating lone pairs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuna)
    for the redox questions...what would you 'suggest' to go over ?
    Or rather what questions he would suggest xD

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371034026.885729.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  23.0 KB

How would do this one? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuku2013)
    what was a* mark in jan 2013
    79 rings a bell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)

THANK YOU SO MUCH
    1. Yes
    2.I has cis and trans, not optical, and it has co-ordination number 4. It donate 0 lone pairs, but receives 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr00n)
    yes
    Thanks mate!

But can someone else also please confirm this:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post43110246

Just to be certain

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions. Last min rev.... HELP please:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    Hey i don't get how if we are given the equation for overall reaction and another equation for the half reaction, how we can obtain the other half reaction from them?>
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...n#post43109925

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brad0440)
    1) Yes
    2) Yes, it has a coordinate number of four, no it does have optical isomerism (it does have cis-trans though), and I'm not really sure what you mean about it donating lone pairs?
    Hey thanks for the reply. So it has cis-trans but NOT optical isomerism right?

And i mean does chloride donate lp to platinum. The 2N atoms obviously do but do the 2 chloride as well? Thanks man

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.