Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I personally found this paper quite tricky. Every single question had atleast one tricky part. The rate and half cell questions really threw me off as they normally are quite easy. I wasn't sure about the chlorine question where it asked to compare in alkaline and acid conditions which was 4 marks. Also for the last part I did a lot of calculations and also managed to get 7 H20 so should get some marks there but couldn't find the salt bit
    I am really not looking forward to F324 next week

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get NiSO4.7H2O?

I got 7 H2O and put NiCl2 for some stupid reason, walked out the exam and said to my friend I bet it was nickel sulphate and we think that would have worked.

After that paper so scared I won't get into uni cos I need 3As and found that exam extremely hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess_m94)
    I got NiSO4.7H20, and it matched my molar mass of 280.8, so I think it was right!
    You absolute babe! I got that too! This makes me happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _HabibaH_)
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I OVERLOOKED THE ACID BIT AND THE FACT THAT ITS A FLAMIN' SALT IN THE LAST QUESTION.

OH GOD, THIS IS AWFUL. I HAVE NO WORDS.

MY ENTIRE ANSWER WAS JUST RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED AND OBV VERY WRONG. 7 MARKS! :mad:
    don't worry. if you've done everything else fine, then you can still get your A. i found the last q weird too. you could still get a few marks from the q.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided that I am becoming a stripper/pole dancer/forever a sains checkout girl. That exam was so horrid. I'd have done better not turning up. I can do Kc and rate orders and PH buffers but that ****ing exam made it so ****ing hard.

I can see myself not going to uni now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raineye95)
    Did anyone get NiSO4.7H2O?

I got 7 H2O and put NiCl2 for some stupid reason, walked out the exam and said to my friend I bet it was nickel sulphate and we think that would have worked.

After that paper so scared I won't get into uni cos I need 3As and found that exam extremely hard
    I got that after about 20 minutes work. I think it was a very hard last question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Last question was a dream!!! It's clearly NiSO4.7H2O

Yes it was, I got the same answer hehe.

ReputationRep:
    That was a ****ed up paper, and on top of that I got the right final answer and scribbled it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Last question was a dream!!! It's clearly NiSO4.7H2O
    I got that but I certainly wouldn't call it a dream hah! It took me ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master y)
    if you missed out the salt bit, i think that'll only be worth 1-2 marks, i think the main bit was working out the moles of H20 ratio
    But that bit determines your waters of crystallisation so if you get that wrong, you get a lot wrong. I am heavily relying on ECF leniency here. Must do even better on F324.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drplease)
    That was a ****ed up paper, and on top of that I got the right final answer and scribbled it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You might still get the marks !! if it was readable under the scribble

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the tick boxes thing? I guessed greater, greater, same
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymango)
    I got that but I certainly wouldn't call it a dream hah! It took me ages!
    See I was practicing all the different hard questions to could appear and water of crystallisation was 1 so I did this in about 5-7 minutes, that CO2 one was like ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by master y)
    What did people put for the tick boxes thing? I guessed greater, greater, same
    Greater, same, same :/

ReputationRep:
    Thought paper was alright only on the mark question saying why cl2 was produced or something I couldn't understand what they meant by the alkali part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galacticfear)
    Yes it was, I got the same answer hehe.
    i got that too but my working out was all over the place and i didnt state the mr of the so42- just guess it after working out 7h2o would i still get all 7 marks?

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    KHRFNy&:!9465&4&$>|'&mhdi&;£483 &!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    feo42- anyone for the ferrate ion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucindaellaaa)
    I've decided that I am becoming a stripper/pole dancer/forever a sains checkout girl. That exam was so horrid. I'd have done better not turning up. I can do Kc and rate orders and PH buffers but that ****ing exam made it so ****ing hard.

I can see myself not going to uni now
    I feel very much the same - I'm going to be working at Asda forever or moving on to strip clubs (except I'm not skinny so that won't work )

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.