The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TauMuon
I thought this paper was definitely challenging; a lot of places to slip up. Definitely much harder than June 12 which was a breeze by comparison. I personally thought Jan13 was more straightforward than this, so my prediction is mid-low 70s for an A, maybe 73? Anyway...

I got NiSO4.7H2O for the formula of the hydrated salt.

I got FeO4^2- for the ferrate ion (think I missed out the '2-' though :s-smilie:)

I got 3.12 x 10^14 g for the mass of CO2

3.99 for the buffer

13.6 for the alkali pH

4.14 for the weak acid pH

16.8 (think it was no units? Can't remember) for Kc

-3454 kJmol^-1 for lattice enthalpy

I completely missed the 4 marker to do with chlorine :/

I got all these!!! :biggrin: Except the CO2 one :-/
won't all our rate answers be slightly different because it had to be " after 40 seconds"
Reply 3562
Original post by TauMuon
I thought this paper was definitely challenging; a lot of places to slip up. Definitely much harder than June 12 which was a breeze by comparison. I personally thought Jan13 was more straightforward than this, so my prediction is mid-low 70s for an A, maybe 73? Anyway...

I got NiSO4.7H2O for the formula of the hydrated salt.

I got FeO4^2- for the ferrate ion (think I missed out the '2-' though :s-smilie:)

I got 3.12 x 10^14 g for the mass of CO2

3.99 for the buffer

13.6 for the alkali pH

4.14 for the weak acid pH

16.8 (think it was no units? Can't remember) for Kc

-3454 kJmol^-1 for lattice enthalpy

I completely missed the 4 marker to do with chlorine :/

I got all that apart from the ferrate ion (i couldn't do) and the i had the ph of bufffer to be 3.57
I can't believe i missed out the salt in the last question, had i included the salt, i would have got 7 but i never so i got twelve. FFS.
Reply 3564
Original post by massi1296
how much was the rate calculation form the graph worth, i didnt draw a tangent just did conc/time (3.4/40) and got 0.085moldm-3s-1

dy/dy=m
the gradian is the rate, i don't remember the numbers
the chlorine one was about electrode potentials, in alkali condition the OH- reacts with H+ pushing the position of equilibrium to the left, so more e- are produced in system 7, this reduces the standard potential of the cell making it lower than that of system6.
how many marks was the rate calculation form the graph worth? didnt draw a tangent just did 3.4/40 conc/time
Original post by keepontrying
I got this too!

Yay :smile:
Original post by jess_m94
I got that for Kc. Can't remember what pH I got but my friend got 3.99. I think I did that one wrong because I'm pretty sure I didn't get it :frown:

I got both 3.99 and put 16.75 for the kc but I don't think they'll be too picky when it comes to rounding numbers
Original post by Little Wing
the chlorine one was about electrode potentials, in alkali condition the OH- reacts with H+ pushing the position of equilibrium to the left, so more e- are produced in system 7, this reduces the standard potential of the cell making it lower than that of system6.

yaay i put something along those lines...
Original post by massi1296
how many marks was the rate calculation form the graph worth? didnt draw a tangent just did 3.4/40 conc/time

3 I believe.
I think you needed to 'know your stuff', have an IQ of 200, gained a PhD in advanced Maths and Chemistry, won a Nobel Prize in Chemistry and invented the freakin' fuel cell. And even then, maybe it wasn't enough for some of the questions.
i put the h2o breaks down into h+ and oh- in alkali conditions moving the equilibrium to left causing the cell potential to decrease so its lower than the system 6 allowing it to react
I was stuck on the last question for so long, figured it out after time ran out, so angry at myself I hope I can get a B at least :frown:
I am enraged by OCRs ridiculous wording of the question about finding the rate after 40 seconds. Use the rate equation AND the graph?! YOU ONLY HAVE TO USE THE BLOODY GRAPH
I think this was the hardest yet.. 60 for an A?....
Original post by talliehughes
I got both 3.99 and put 16.75 for the kc but I don't think they'll be too picky when it comes to rounding numbers

It's always 3 sf or to the least accurate figure they've provided you with, so you could lose a mark for leaving it as 16.75 :-/
Original post by Little Wing

My answer was something like that, I may score a few marks for it, yay! :biggrin:
Original post by talliehughes

They specifically asked for 3 sf in that question but you'll only lose 1 mark so it's okay :smile:
anyone got the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending