Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomingblossoms)
    I think this was the hardest yet.. 60 for an A?....
    LOL If that happened, that would be a dream come true...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FailedMyExams)
    I know how you feel lol, I'm saying goodbye to medschool also.
    don't give up fellow medics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godknows)
    Greater, same, same :/
    It's impossible for only one concentration to change but for Kc to remain constant.

ReputationRep:
    That exam was horrible!

Currently waving goodbye at my chance of getting into uni.. :'(

ReputationRep:
    For the last question I did all the working out, I even thought NiSO4 but hey, the retard I am, I didn't write it down. Hopefully I'll only drop two marks for that bit -_-
    And the energy question, wtf.
    Also couldn't do KCN.

I cant remember if I left any other questions out but I probably did. Arghh only low grade boundaries can save me now.

ReputationRep:
    your 1st two equations are right last q is not balanced electrically correctly and is therefore incorrect
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymango)
    If I remember correctly I believe I got 16.8 and 3.99 too
    I got these!!

ReputationRep:
    OMG, This was the hardest and worst paper I've ever done . Some of the wording in that exam was horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    It's impossible for only one concentration to change but for Kc to remain constant.
    No, the concentration was increased at the beginning, when the system gets into equilibrium it will be in equilibrium with the same amounts of products and reactants only difference is that H2 will now have a greater amount "left".

ReputationRep:
    How did you work out the pH of the buffer? The different volumes threw me off. I think I did ok on the rest of the paper though. I got 7H2O at the end but didn't have enough time to work out the formula of the salt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomingblossoms)
    I think this was the hardest yet.. 60 for an A?....
    Yes please God. Please.

ReputationRep:
    4.5 for the mass?

ReputationRep:
    did any one get [fe(h20)6]3+ + 6KCN-------> [Fe(CN)6]3-6K+ +6H20

ReputationRep:
    That was the worst paper I've ever done, ran out of time to fully finish a lot of the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    did any one get [fe(h20)6]3+ + 6KCN-------> [Fe(CN)6]3-6K+
    Where's your water gone?

I personally did [Fe(H2O)6]+3 + 6CN- ----> [Fe(CN)6]3- +6H2O

ReputationRep:
    I worked out what happened! They messed up and accidentally gave us all the A2 maths papers! Makes more sense than most of those questions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxima)
    How did you work out the pH of the buffer? The different volumes threw me off. I think I did ok on the rest of the paper though. I got 7H2O at the end but didn't have enough time to work out the formula of the salt
    There was a very similar question in June 2012 so you could look at that. Basically you needed to find mols at equilibrium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    Where's your water gone?

I personally did [Fe(H2O)6]+2 + 6CN- ----> [Fe(CN)6]3- +6H2O
    I meant to put 6H20 at the end I just forgot to type it and yours doesn't balance electrically but still may be correct!

ReputationRep:
    i could've sworn it wasn't THAT bad guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Wing)
    No, the concentration was increased at the beginning, when the system gets into equilibrium it will be in equilibrium with the same amounts of products and reactants only difference is that H2 will now have a greater amount "left".
    That isn't how Kc works. It's a simple mathematical constant.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.