Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For the ligand substidution thing, i thought it involved zn?? not al...

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else not even attempt the last 7 mark q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    It was tolerable is what I would say, but definitely more maths and buffer based really
    a.k.a poison to moi.

No, but I'm sure I'd have liked it a bit more if I liked/understood Maths. On the plus side, they did manage to give us two definitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    I drew the iron with three of those bidentate ligands around it. I think you could also have taken two of the bidentate ligands and left two waters on there. Not sure really.
    2 bidentates and two waters would be incorrect, because it said mixture of two, not 3, optical isomers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarangtaec)
    I put the O-
    Damn, I did the =O. I thought this paper went well, but now I think that maybe I flunked it...

ReputationRep:
    I kind of raced through one of the questions because I thought what it was asking was ridiculously easy - so perhaps I got it wrong.

IO3- was the oxidising agent right because Sn was oxidised from +2 to +4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    I drew the iron with three of those bidentate ligands around it. I think you could also have taken two of the bidentate ligands and left two waters on there. Not sure really.
    I did the same! , did you draw the whole ligand out I did... think you was meant to but not sure? and did u get 3- charge?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got access to the unofficial mark scheme? Or know where it is? I ask because there was an unofficial mark scheme for the Biology exam yesterday
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chignesh10)
    alright chapitos? that was an alright paper
    It wasn't too bad really, I made a few slip ups but that's it really. 90+ for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Because it's in such great excess, that any change in concentration is negligible.

Omg I totally guessed. :') the funny thing is that if I had time to go back and check I probably would have changed it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the alkali we had to work pH out from was? I swear it's Ca(OH)2 and I forgot to multiply the concentration by 2 =( Unless it was NaOH then I did it right LOL
    It was NaOH.

ReputationRep:
    For the CO2 one I divided the photosynthesis one by 6 (cause there was 6 co2) and then (X) Mr (44) cause it wanted mass so I did n (x) Mr.. I don't know whaether anyone else did same.... ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    what did everyone draw for the optical isomers????
    Fe in the middle and 6 bonds with that DMsomething and charge of 3-

ReputationRep:
    So was I not the only one completely fishing for marks in the last Q? :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the alkali we had to work pH out from was? I swear it's Ca(OH)2 and I forgot to multiply the concentration by 2 =( Unless it was NaOH then I did it right LOL
    pretty sure it was NaOH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I got the same equations as you did, I'm hopefully going for 85+!!
    I don't want to disappoint, but Al forms 3+ ions.

ReputationRep:
    I've got quite a bit right from what I've seen so far, but on the mass of CO2 question I worked out the number of moles of glucose formed by using energy/enthalpy, then multiplyed that by 6 (as I assumed it was the enthalpy of formation) and multiplyed that by (12+(2(16))) to get some crazy ass number, something to the 17 I think.

ReputationRep:
    2 bidentates and two waters would be incorrect, because it said mixture of two, not 3, optical isomers.
    So they wanted the three bidentates around it with a 3- charge? If so that's what I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Bampton)
    NaOH - relax!
    THANK YOU!! Omg I was panicking haha, only 2 marks but I want as much as I can get (ofc) ^-^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotropy)
    Overall I thought the paper was hard but doable. Looking through the answers people have posted I seem to be the only one who calculated a value of 3.55 for the buffer solution pH, did anyone else get this?
    This is how you find the pH
    Charco is officially a BAMF! XD

It was acting as a base.
    at this point in the exam all my basic chemistry knowledge dissappeared! lol

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.