Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    But it was a weak acid o.O
    what did u get for gibbs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    **** i got the chloric acid question wrong - i thought it was a weak acid so i used the (H+) squared equation and got pH 4 or something. Oh well
    pretty sure chloric acid is weak, and the answer was liek 4.14

ReputationRep:
    That's chloric acid. We had HClO (hypochlorous acid)
    oh right great so we are fine

ReputationRep:
    It's alright OCR, didn't want to go to uni anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Oh yeah, I'm smashing out 2 C3 papers now!!!
    Oh Jesus probably time to start :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freetown)
    Who is the chief examiner now??? I thought is was rob richie and david gent lol
    lol this is rob richie's doing, my teacher blames him for all the stupid stretch and challenge questions on F325 haha

ReputationRep:
    This will be my last little contribution here - I must whiz off and prepare for physics and FP2 tomorrow...

Fe3+ + 3OH- -----> Fe(OH)3 was an ionic equation they wanted at some point right?
    yes, thanks i got the same

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember something x 10^17 grams for the photosynthesis question? (or something x 10^14 kg)
    Yeah! I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chignesh10)
    pretty sure chloric acid is weak, and the answer was liek 4.14
    yeah that's what i put. sorry misunderstood

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely flopped that, it was mainly that unknown substances question with all those different parts I didn't get :/ doubt I did any better than january tbh. I was a little annoyed with the last questoon cos just as I had worked out the mr and was going to work out the actual formula time was up, should get every mark but the actual formula mark though :/ and there were tonnes of annoying weird questions like the cl- clo- cl2 one. Glad to see other people thought it was an okay paper *sobs*
    F324 better be a walk in the park if I want an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how do you make a mark scheme... some start it so we can all contribute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    Yeah let's ace C3 now
    Yeah mate, no point in me worrying about it. Seeing as I've already done all the C3 papers I'll re-do June 12 and then do 2 C4 papers.

Then I'll do 1/2 physics papers.

I expected this Exam to be the most challenging out my my 7 Exams this summer and I still think I did well enough so time to work!

As a final complaint:
    I wish I hadn't said I wanted a Difficult Paper. Karma.
    How could I know Water of Crystallisation would come up when it hasn't come up in like 7 Past Papers. Absolutely ridiculous.

And to everyone else - you probably have more exams you need to smash, the more time you waste here the time your using up to smash other exams.

Let's do this - we're all gonna make it brahs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazershus)
    I absolutely flopped that, it was mainly that unknown substances question with all those different parts I didn't get :/ doubt I did any better than january tbh. I was a little annoyed with the last questoon cos just as I had worked out the mr and was going to work out the actual formula time was up, should get every mark but the actual formula mark though :/ and there were tonnes of annoying weird questions like the cl- clo- cl2 one. Glad to see other people thought it was an okay paper *sobs*
    F324 better be a walk in the park if I want an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here! :/
    F324 is pretty much my only hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DurhamChemist)
    I'm surprised people on here are saying it was easy; I found it to be the hardest F325 paper by a country mile. I need 85% in this paper, I was getting around 90% in the past papers..... I know I haven't got anywhere near 85% in raw marks.

Did anyone else find this paper extremely hard and confusing?

(Original post by amylane0408)
    I found this paper quite difficult, it was better than Jan 2013 but not easy at all!! I really wanted a B or A but i doubt i've got it!

(Original post by Jack9909)
    Thought the easy ones in that were very straightforward, and the hard ones I didn't know where to start! There was no middle ground :/
    agree with you all-- it was F****** difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    150 UMS
    Lol.

That's fine then, should definitely get an A. There were way too many easy questions though, so I think the Boundaries will probably be higher.

Meh I'm alright with that then. I might still be able to get an A* if it was that low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    Holy * i made a stupid mistake. In the pH of the buffer i did 0.4/0.24 instead of 0.24/0.4 and so got 3.55 instead of 3.99 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    I did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty27)
    I did the same
    Hopefully we get 3 out of 5

ReputationRep:
    anyone think this was harder than Jan 2013?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Lol.

That's fine then, should definitely get an A. There were way too many easy questions though, so I think the Boundaries will probably be higher.

Meh I'm alright with that then. I might still be able to get an A* if it was that low.
    I think for this exam the grade boundary for an A will be low at around 75 but the C grade boundary will be higher than 60 due to the high amount of easy questions.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the last part of the 1st question asking why h20 was zero order?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.