Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Much harder than January, that question were we had an unknown substance for each letter of the friggin alphabet -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    would you kindly direct me to the unofficial mark scheme please

(Original post by hussaincute)
    can somebody send me a link for unofficial mark scheme with marks otherwise i'll start cryin
    I don't have the link. Check through the thread for who to ask, or for answers to most of the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    If you're lucky, the marker won't notice and will give you 7/7 for the correct answer.
    Hopefully, i worked out the RFM of the molecules but predicted it was NiSO4.xH2O before working out the value of x , so its not in correct order

ReputationRep:
    Would appreciate a copy of the unofficial ms also, for f322 someone managed to get the paper aswell?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure.
    When you have KJmol-1 for units of enthalpy change. Think about how you work it out. The moles that you divide are the moles of the reactant not the moles of the product. I think the standard moles for that question was the 6 that was with the CO2. I think if you wanted to work out Glucose, you'd have to divide it by 6.

Plus it was only 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    what did people get for the order? i got first order because the half life was constant?
    I got first order because the half-life was relatively constant (mine varied by 2s). I then annotated the graph.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have the link. Check through the thread for who to ask, or for answers to most of the questions.
    I cant find all the answers n i need everything in order so plz if anybody find a markscheme plz send it to me ..... ahhhhh this headache is killing me ....i m really stressed abt my exam i wont be able to go uni if I dont get a f....g B in chemistry....

ReputationRep:
    For the god-awful Chlorate/Chlorine question I put that acidified chlorate ions are a better reducing agent than chloride ions because of the electrode potentials, so chlorate ions and chloride ions would form chlorine gas under acidic conditions. Then for alkaline conditions, I put that the redox equilibrium for the chlorate ion system would shift to the left to produce H+ ions to neutralise the alkali (like a buffer), so the other equilibrium would shift to the right and chlorine gas would then form chlorate ions and chloride ones. I put in some equations for the fun of it.

Anybody do anything similar?

ReputationRep:
    any one else going queen mary?

ReputationRep:
    for the buffer question did the volumes of the reactants matter or was it only the concentrations ?
    it scared me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussaincute)
    I cant find all the answers n i need everything in order so plz if anybody find a markscheme plz send it to me ..... ahhhhh this headache is killing me ....i m really stressed abt my exam i wont be able to go uni if I dont get a f....g B in chemistry....
    No point worrying now, you can't change anything.

(Original post by DavidH20)
    For the god-awful Chlorate/Chlorine question I put that acidified chlorate ions are a better reducing agent than chloride ions because of the electrode potentials, so chlorate ions and chloride ions would form chlorine gas under acidic conditions. Then for alkaline conditions, I put that the redox equilibrium for the chlorate ion system would shift to the left to produce H+ ions to neutralise the alkali (like a buffer), so the other equilibrium would shift to the right and chlorine gas would then form chlorate ions and chloride ones. I put in some equations for the fun of it.

Anybody do anything similar?
    I did something vaguely similar. I wrote out the full, balance equation from the two half-equations and said it would work like an equilibrium.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have trouble with the paper, but I do think it was harder than usual.

I wrote the element in.
    You sir are a complete tool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogg)
    for the buffer question did the volumes of the reactants matter or was it only the concentrations ?
    it scared me
    I think the volumes added up to 1dm3 anyway, didnt they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweatynerd)
    You sir are a complete tool
    Why, because I was confident on the paper? Someone has to do well.

ReputationRep:
    was the equation

Fe + 3/2cl2 -- > FeCL3

was it FeO4 2-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    was the equation

Fe + 3/2cl2 -- > FeCL3

was it FeO4 2-
    Yes, I got these, although I doubled everything on the first equation to get whole numbers (either will be correct).

ReputationRep:
    does any one have pictures of the actual paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I got these, although I doubled everything on the first equation to get whole numbers (either will be correct).
    for the optical isomers will they allow ECF?

Cause I did Fe in the middle with 2 C2o4 2- and 2 h2o

cause I was thinking in order for optical to occur there either has to be 3 bidentate, or 2 mono or 2 bidentate,

cause it put in bracket (C2O4)2

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain how they got their answers for the rate of reaction after 40 seconds and the rate constant? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    where you had to name the processes it was precipitation, redox, ligand substitution in that order right?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.