Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    I think between 0.02 to 0.04 something! in june 2011 how much difference did they accept , it was a huge variety right?
    They accepted 150% of the actual rate as the upper bound and 75% of the actual rate as the lower bound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)

They accepted 150% of the actual rate as the upper bound and 75% of the actual rate as the lowe bound
    you see lots of acceptable answer,

people got 0.02 - 0.04 something

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys start from Q1 and write all the answers with marks

ReputationRep:
    question 1

Define Lattice enthalpy 2 marks

2) fil in gaps in hess cycle 2 marks

3) name the steps 3 mark

4) calculate lattice enthalpy

5) factors affecting lattice enthalpy 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussaincute)
    Okay guys start from Q1 and write all the answers with marks
    Na you're alright.

ReputationRep:
    question 2

1) define half life ( 1 marks)

2) provide using graph is first order ( 2 marks?)

3) cant remember but 1 mark

4) calculate rate ( 3 marks)

5) calculate rate constant 2 marks

6) why water is 0 order 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayled)
    Na you're alright.
    I am really stressd so plz let me count my total score

ReputationRep:
    question 2

1) define half life ( 1 marks)

2) provide using graph is first order ( 2 marks?)

3) cant remember but 1 mark

4) calculate rate ( 3 marks)

5) calculate rate constant 2 marks

6) why water is 0 order 1 mark
    thanx man can u plz do all 8 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'm far from a machine, I'm only looking at 85+ most likely which tells you I still make mistakes and I don't only just revise I've got other things to put to my name so I'm just going to ignore you from now on as you clearly talk a load of crap!
    okay guys i think this chem paper has got this thread a bit heated. can you guys just calm down

ReputationRep:
    I am really stressd so plz let me count my total score
    People are already making one anyway, If you look a few pages back (some kind of online document) but they need to finish it before posting, and its not public cause people will delete it otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    question 3 calculate pH at 0.14 mol dm-3 and describe the two acids (5 marks)

4) write the two equations (2 marks)

5) calculate pH of Naoh (2/3 ? marks)

6) describe buffer (7 marks)

7) calculate pH (6 marks)

ReputationRep:
    By far one of the worst exams I have ever sat in my entire life. It started well, end just went downhill from there. /:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayled)
    People are already making one anyway, If you look a few pages back (some kind of online document) but they need to finish it before posting, and its not public cause people will delete it otherwise.

I have seen that one and people have just made a joke of it so i need someone to actually make one ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucindaellaaa)
    By far one of the worst exams I have ever sat in my entire life. It started well, end just went downhill from there. /:
    I knw this feeling :mad:

ReputationRep:
    thanx man can u plz do all 8 questions
    my answer

1) Half life is the time taken with respect to rectant for concentration to reduce by half

2) i used graph and stated is 1st order

3) cant remeber question

4) I got 0.02 something for rate , they will accept a range of answers I assume between 0.02something to 0.04 something units mol dm-3 s-1

5) I said water is 0 order because not in rate equation along the lines?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    okay guys i think this chem paper has got this thread a bit heated. can you guys just calm down
    I'm calm I just don't like the fact he came on insulting people just because they were getting a lot of high marks and I assume he wasn't, also I was called inhuman so I just voiced my opinion, that's all

ReputationRep:
    my answer

1) Half life is the time taken with respect to rectant for concentration to reduce by half

3) cant remeber question

4) I got 0.02 something for rate , they will accept a range of answers I assume between 0.02something to 0.04 something units mol dm-3 s-1

I think i have wrote pretty much same for everything except the rate question .... i was so dumb that i just looked at the concentration at 40s and calculated the rate using conc/time .... i completely forgot abt tangent calc

ReputationRep:
    I knw this feeling :mad:
    I don't understand how an exam paper can be so difficult ffs, I felt so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    my answer

3) cant remeber question

can u plz write all the questions frm wat i have seen i think from those questions u have posted i wud hav got abt 40 marks

ReputationRep:
    What values did other people use to work out the rate of the reaction at t=40 seconds?

I know I read off the co-ordinates where the tangent went through the x and y axes but I can't remember what they were and it's starting to freak me out

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.