Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    I agree! , for the last question not sure how many mark marks would you get for 7H2O and doing mole ratios?

was most of the work for getting 7H2O?
    I think it is was one of those questions where the final answer is worth 1-2 marks. The actual working out is worth probably 5 marks.

ReputationRep:
    I got k=80 for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    I think they were really unfair on us this year! Considering there aren't any January resits and the fact that the January 2013 paper was also quite difficult, I thought they would have been nicer with this paper. Ah well, I hope they lower the grade boundaries; I don't see it being any higher than 73 for an A. Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    I got k=80 for some reason.
    I remember K being something like 8.something x 10power something

ReputationRep:
    I agree! , for the last question not sure how many mark marks would you get for 7H2O and doing mole ratios?

was most of the work for getting 7H2O?
    Im sure most of the marks would be for working out and the last 2 marks would be for the final answer just like the jan 2013 paper, there was one mark for calc moles and then molar ratio and im sure there would be another mark for getting the molar mass right so that's 2/7 + any other marks you got for calc the 7h20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    Im sure most of the marks would be for working out and the last 2 marks would be for the final answer just like the jan 2013 paper, there was one mark for calc moles and then molar ratio and im sure there would be another mark for getting the molar mass right so that's 2/7 + any other marks you got for calc the 7h20
    Cause I know if you get the formula right, it may be worth 1 mark, cause I think you dont get the mark if you got the correct salt but with wrong working.

how many marks do you reckon it would be to get the 7H2O ?

ReputationRep:
    What happens if for that very last question I did some molar calculations that are logical but didnt use the right values from the question so just showing I know how to find moles then scale it to the equation whether or not what I did is right. Would I get any working out marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    have we got an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    On question 1c wasn't it atomisation then electron affinity?
    Yeah, I think it was!:L But it's pretty obvious which one's which - if you know that atomisation is losing electrons and electron affinity is gain, then you probably got it right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rukan)
    have we got an unofficial mark scheme?
    Yeah, we posted it last night! (It just gets lost in a sea of posts!)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WICd6ufVwBxfVz10_b4Hqd85oSv2FMQ Trcll_t5qD0k/
    Somehow, we have missed a question (either a one or two marker) though, about nickel complex stability or something...? (idek), so it's definitely not 100% accurate. It's a good shot though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itshollaaay)
    What happens if for that very last question I did some molar calculations that are logical but didnt use the right values from the question so just showing I know how to find moles then scale it to the equation whether or not what I did is right. Would I get any working out marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty assuredly, yes! I was really tight on time, so did mass/moles for both the complex and the water and prayed that it'd be worth one or two:L If you've used incorrect values, but got an answer right for what you did, it's likely you'll get ECF. Working will be worth the vast majority of the marks- none of our memories were good enough to remember how it was done though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, the question about the complex in the ligand substitution with KCN.
    Didn't it say the molar mass of the complex was 215 which would be equal to [Ni(K)4]?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    Hopefully we get 3 out of 5
    Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat12395)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WICd6ufVwBxfVz10_b4Hqd85oSv2FMQ Trcll_t5qD0k/
    Somehow, we have missed a question (either a one or two marker) though, about nickel complex stability or something...? (idek), so it's definitely not 100% accurate. It's a good shot though!
    the question about why Ni(DMG)2 had no charge, the question is missing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drplease)
    On wikipedia (as reliable as it is) says, 'An oxidizing agent (also oxidant, oxidizer or oxidiser) is the element or compound' hence I feel they should accept Iodine as long as you explain it has been reduced from +5 to 0, but on the other hand it was iodide ions, hence they may not accept iodine I do not not know...
    Also do you have to put ionic equation for reaction with Fe and Cl because it said chhlorine not chloride ions, hence it should be: 2Fe+3cl2----> 2FeCl3
    hi , i 'm worried if i would get he mark for writing Fe+1.5Cl2-----> FeCl3
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meado123)
    Hey guys, the question about the complex in the ligand substitution with KCN.
    Didn't it say the molar mass of the complex was 215 which would be equal to [Ni(K)4]?
    The question said molar mass was 214.7 and it was [Ni(CN)6]3-. Potassium and nickel both form positive ions, they wouldn't form a complex together

(Original post by Kat12395)
    For "Explain why H2O is zero order (1 mark)" another answer is that H2O isn't in the rate-determining step.

For the table about H2 concentration increase affect on equilibrium values, I googled it and I'm pretty sure the H2 would stay slightly greater, I2 would get smaller (because some reacted to decrease H2 concentration) and HI would get greater (because more products formed).

ReputationRep:
    'A level Chemistry@ChemistryALevel1h
    My verdict on F325. TOUGH! Lots of reading which always ups the difficulty. I found 29 A*/A marks so accounting for silly errors reckon 68:A'

Just a heads up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k1rby)
    The question said molar mass was 214.7 and it was [Ni(CN)6]3-. Potassium and nickel both positive ions, they wouldn't form a complex together
    Damn i was going to put that as well never mind!

ReputationRep:
    the question about why Ni(DMG)2 had no charge, the question is missing
    How many marks was it worth, and do you know from where marks need to be subtracted?

ReputationRep:
    Also for the pH of the buffer,
    in the unofficial mark scheme you have put /1000 then *1000 so it that just the say as saying the moles=conc?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.