Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    for the buffer question where it specifically says 'use methanoic acid' as example,
    how many mark do you think I would drop for using ethanoic instead? for some reason I was convincing myself that CH2COOH was methanoic acid :L
    I'm hoping for just one mark dropped and the rest can be ECF >_<

ReputationRep:
    what ums do you think i'll get on cw i got 36/40?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    what ums do you think i'll get on cw i got 36/40?
    because 37 is A* which is 54

ReputationRep:
    im pretty sure 36=48 UMS look at last years grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    hey you know that alkaline and acid Cl type question - that was worth 4 not 5. I think that's where.
    Okay cool! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    For the 7 mark buffer one, how many marks do you think I will loose for writing "base" instead of "alkali"? I did this both in the definition of a buffer and also I said "upon addition of base" and wrote about the OH- reacting with the acid etc. I wrote alkali first time round and then my stupid exam brain told me change it arghh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1901)
    For the 7 mark buffer one, how many marks do you think I will loose for writing "base" instead of "alkali"? I did this both in the definition of a buffer and also I said "upon addition of base" and wrote about the OH- reacting with the acid etc. I wrote alkali first time round and then my stupid exam brain told me change it arghh
    Technically an alkali is a base. Just a base that dissolves in water - so I bet they'll know exactly what you mean and will not deduct any marks.

I mean, look at the definition on page 150 (top left)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjy100)
    Technically an alkali is a base. Just a base that dissolves in water - so I bet they'll know exactly what you mean and will not deduct any marks.

yeah that's what i did, i am sure it's allowed.

ReputationRep:
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME REMEMBER WHAT WAS THE SECOND TO LAST QUESTION ON THE EXAM I seriously can't remember

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's what i did, i am sure it's allowed.
    (Original post by Benjy100)

I love you both!! Thanks for replying, I thought that was easily another 3 or so marks gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1901)
    I love you both!! Thanks for replying, I thought that was easily another 3 or so marks gone!
    waheyy! the feeling you get when you find something lost is irreplaceable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepontrying)
    im pretty sure 36=48 UMS look at last years grade boundaries
    lol that's way to low. 36 is probably 54ums ( i hope ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarangtaec)
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME REMEMBER WHAT WAS THE SECOND TO LAST QUESTION ON THE EXAM I seriously can't remember
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was a question where you had to draw the DMGH molecule!

ReputationRep:
    lol that's way to low. 36 is probably 54ums ( i hope ).
    Nope not from last years grade boundaries and trust me I would love it to be 54 UMS , as I have got 36 but reality is that it will be far lower http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16472-u...-june-2012.pdf well.. the grade boundaries might change this year but doubt they will change by much with regards to prac marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1901)
    Base is fine. It will say 'accept base instead of alkali' in the mark scheme. My teachers taught us to say base, and I've never lost any marks on past papers because of it.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember the feasibility or reaction s????

ReputationRep:
    are you supposed to use delta H or delta G in the photosynthesis question?

I think I divided the energy from the sun by delta H. Then I multiplied it by 44 and 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed_)
    are you supposed to use delta H or delta G in the photosynthesis question?

I think I divided the energy from the sun by delta H. Then I multiplied it by 44 and 6.
    ^H, as that is the energy required per formation of one mole of glucose. You did it right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    for the buffer question where it specifically says 'use methanoic acid' as example,
    how many mark do you think I would drop for using ethanoic instead? for some reason I was convincing myself that CH2COOH was methanoic acid :L
    I'm hoping for just one mark dropped and the rest can be ECF >_<
    I did something similar. I put CHOOH instead of HCOOH. -____-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holz888)
    ^H, as that is the energy required per formation of one mole of glucose. You did it right
    YAY! I need all the marks I can get after the stupid mistakes I made on this paper.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.