Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendX)
    Then the one on the unofficial markscheme is wrong and mine or your answer is acceptable so don't worry :P
    Are you sure?
    because no one other than you two is disagreeing with the unofficial mark scheme on that part. So perhaps both of you read the question wrong.
    Or could it be that the majority read the question wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    cis and trans? i thought optical because 2 monondendate and 2 bidendate lignads
    It can be both, only, it's got to be in it's cis form to be an optical isomer.

ReputationRep:
    For the last question about hydrated salt I put Ni(DMG)2.7H20, showed all my workings. How many marks do you reckon I would get for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma2129)
    For the last question about hydrated salt I put Ni(DMG)2.7H20, showed all my workings. How many marks do you reckon I would get for this?
    3 or 4?

ReputationRep:
    For the question where we had to calculate free energy (G). I got the correct answer but did not but a + before the answer. Will I lose a mark for not putting +ve sign to indicate it is a positive value or does the absence of a -ve sign indicate that it is positive. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccotto2)
    For the question where we had to calculate free energy (G). I got the correct answer but did not but a + before the answer. Will I lose a mark for not putting +ve sign to indicate it is a positive value or does the absence of a -ve sign indicate that it is positive. Thanks
    you would get the mark the assume its positive unless it has -ve sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpio22)
    guys,
    for the rate i did intial / conc

and then i did inital/ conc at 40???
    Pretty sure that's what I did too, didn't draw a tangent or anything like the unofficial mark scheme says reckon we still have a chance at any of the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XingBairong)
    Are you sure?
    because no one other than you two is disagreeing with the unofficial mark scheme on that part. So perhaps both of you read the question wrong.
    Or could it be that the majority read the question wrong?

(Original post by XingBairong)
    3 or 4?
    I'm near 100% sure also, funtry also agrees with us. I cannot remember reading EXCESS ethanedioate ions, I just remember reading that there was 2 of em....?

ReputationRep:
    I'm near 100% sure also, funtry also agrees with us. I cannot remember reading EXCESS ethanedioate ions, I just remember reading that there was 2 of em....?
    They did not state if it was excess or how many there were specifically, but they did say the [Fe(H2O)6] was in a solution of (COO-)2 ions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herothing11)
    They did not state if it was excess or how many there were specifically, but they did say the [Fe(H2O)6] was in a solution of (COO-)2 ions.
    yes so this should be H2O and (C2O2)2

should be the optical

ReputationRep:
    So the complex of iron didn't have 3 of the bidentate ligands?!

Can anyone get the paper up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes so this should be H2O and (C2O2)2

should be the optical
    This teacher who has seen the paper said there were 3 C2O42- ligands :\

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/ChemistryALevel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freetown)
    This teacher who has seen the paper said there were 3 C2O42- ligands :\

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/ChemistryALevel
    But does not make sense when it stated 2!

can you ask him, if they would accept 2 h2o and 2 ethandioate, I dont have twitter

ReputationRep:
    But does not make sense when it stated 2!

can you ask him, if they would accept 2 h2o and 2 ethandioate, I dont have twitter
    Most people on this thread said 3 ligands and the teacher who has seen it on twitter said 3 ligands. So I think it is very likely that the complex actually had 3 ligands and not 2.

I am sure you may get a minimum of 1 mark for the complex shape and perhaps even 2 for drawing out the ligand correctly. 2 out of 3 marks is not bad!

I might ask my teacher later next week to see the paper before I sign out from college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freetown)
    Most people on this thread said 3 ligands and the teacher who has seen it on twitter said 3 ligands. So I think it is very likely that the complex actually had 3 ligands and not 2.

I am sure you may get a minimum of 1 mark for the complex shape and perhaps even 2 for drawing out the ligand correctly. 2 out of 3 marks is not bad!

I might ask my teacher later next week to see the paper before I sign out from college.
    Yes that will be great, I would appreciate it Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Yes that will be great, I would appreciate it Thank you
    I am not making any guarantees ... my college are quite strict when it comes to giving students the latest papers. :-(
    But I will definitely ask about that question

ReputationRep:
    thats what I got, and did you get a +1 charge?

Hi man, perhaps you remember that question about the isomerism? I thought n the question they stated that the structure had 2 ethandiote Ligands and 2 OH Ligands?
    its three ethandioate. with -3 charge

ReputationRep:
    Things i got wrong were the clo- and cl question (I put the overall equation), the nickel question didnt put so4 2-, the drawing DMGH question (Drew the ligand) and rate constant slip up(got the units).
    How many marks lost there do you think? 10-11?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm quite sure that the isomers question was talki about cis and trans isomerism? As there was 2 ethandiote Ligands and 2 OH Ligands....?
    I wasn't the one who wrote the answer to that one I'm afraid because I had absolutely no idea, and even less of an idea now! I think I've erased all knowledge of this exam from my memory...

ReputationRep:
    just spoke to my teacher and went through the paper and its is h2 increase i2 decrease and HI increase btw people.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.