Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    You got them all correct, I was just asking for phenolphthalein the acidic colour, neutral colour and basic colour, same for methyl orange but you got all the actual combinations correct and such.

Does it have to do with the fact chlorine is more electronegativity than either hydrogen or oxygen so will have a greater charge causing more repelling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes that is correct
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    yes that is correct
    Woo! I think it might've been correct but I wasn't too sure and I didn't want to check in the book.

Okay what are the key enthalpy changes we are required to know and what are all their definitions? (15)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woo! I think it might've been correct but I wasn't too sure and I didn't want to check in the book.

Okay what are the key enthalpy changes we are required to know and what are all their definitions? (15)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry dont understand your question? oh right, do you mean the enthalpy changes in born harber
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Sorry dont understand your question? oh right, do you mean the enthalpy changes in born harber
    Yeah basically

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah basically

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow this is long,ok

Standard enthalpy change of formation is the enthalpy change when 1 mole of a compound is formed from its gaseous ions under standard conditions.

Standard enthalpy change of atomisiation is the enthalpy change when 1 mole of gaseous atoms is formed from its elements under standard conditions and the atomisation enthalpy is always endothermic because energy is needed(absorbed) to break bonds.

1st ionisation energy is the ehtanly change that accompanies a reaction in which a electron is removed from atom in 1 mole of gaseous atom to form one mole of +1 gaseous ions under standard conditions,and is endothermic because energy is needed to overcome the electrostatic attraction between the outer shell of electron that is removed and nuclues

2nd ionisation energy is the energy that accompanies a reaction in which a electron is removed from 1 mole of +1 gaseous ion to form +2 gaseous ions under standard conditions. again is enodthermic because the reason is same as 1st ionisation energy.

1st electron affinity= is the energy that accompanies reaction in which an electron is added to an atom from 1 mole of gaseous ion to form -1 gaseous ions under standard conditions, the enthalpy change is exothermic because electron is added to the atom and the electron is added to outer shell of electron and there is a stronger attraction between its nucleus and outer shell of electron.

2nd electron affinity is same as above apart from its -1 gaseous ion to -2 gaseous ion and is endothermic because of electron repellsion being added and the attractive forces between nucleus and other shell of electron.

In born harber cycle for solution

is standard enthalpy change of solution is the ehtnalpy change when 1 mole of ionic compound is completely dissolved in water under standard conditions, endothermic because energy is needed to absorb as the bonds are broken between water molecules and ion

standard enthalpy change of hydration is the enthalpy change when one mole of isolated gaseous ions is dissolved in water to form 1 mole of aqueous ions under standard conditions
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    wow this is long,ok

Standard enthalpy change of formation is the enthalpy change when 1 mole of a compound is formed from its gaseous ions under standard conditions.

Standard enthalpy change of atomisiation is the enthalpy change when 1 mole of gaseous atoms is formed from its elements under standard conditions and the atomisation enthalpy is always endothermic because energy is needed(absorbed) to break bonds.

1st ionisation energy is the ehtanly change that accompanies a reaction in which a electron is removed from atom in 1 mole of gaseous atom to form one mole of +1 gaseous ions under standard conditions,and is endothermic because energy is needed to overcome the electrostatic attraction between the outer shell of electron that is removed and nuclues

2nd ionisation energy is the energy that accompanies a reaction in which a electron is removed from 1 mole of +1 gaseous ion to form +2 gaseous ions under standard conditions. again is enodthermic because the reason is same as 1st ionisation energy.

1st electron affinity= is the energy that accompanies reaction in which an electron is added to an atom from 1 mole of gaseous ion to form -1 gaseous ions under standard conditions, the enthalpy change is exothermic because electron is added to the atom and the electron is added to outer shell of electron and there is a stronger attraction between its nucleus and outer shell of electron.

2nd electron affinity is same as above apart from its -1 gaseous ion to -2 gaseous ion and is endothermic because of electron repellsion being added and the attractive forces between nucleus and other shell of electron.

In born harber cycle for solution

is standard enthalpy change of solution is the ehtnalpy change when 1 mole of ionic compound is completely dissolved in water under standard conditions, endothermic because energy is needed to absorb as the bonds are broken between water molecules and ion

standard enthalpy change of hydration is the enthalpy change when one mole of isolated gaseous ions is dissolved in water to form 1 mole of aqueous ions under standard conditions
    That's correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    one thing the hydration enthalpy it depends right because some can be positive and negative

Give the reaction is which a blue solid forms and give equation and name of reaction (3)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    one thing the hydration enthalpy it depends right because some can be positive and negative

Give the reaction is which a blue solid forms and give equation and name of reaction (3)
    Do you mean the enthalpy change of solution?

I'm guessing it involves copper II in aqueous form? I'm not too sure really :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the enthalpy change of solution?

I'm guessing it involves copper II in aqueous form? I'm not too sure really :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No hydration

yes, but give the equation and name of reaction
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No hydration

yes, but give the equation and name of reaction
    No it's solution as in the book it states that the enthalpy change of hydration is a exothermic process whereas the solution could either be exo or endothermic process.

I'm not too sure maybe
    3Cu2 + 4NaOH ----> 2Cu(OH)2 + 4CuNa?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No it's solution as in the book it states that the enthalpy change of hydration is a exothermic process whereas the solution could either be exo or endothermic process.

I'm not too sure maybe
    3Cu2 + 4NaOH ----> 2Cu(OH)2 + 4CuNa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, its precipitation reaction

my turn
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No, its precipitation reaction

my turn
    I'm done for the night now, maybe I'll do some more tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm done for the night now, maybe I'll do some more tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    give me 1 more please
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    give me 1 more please
    Can't need to go to bed now as I need to up at 5 for work, oh the joys -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't need to go to bed now as I need to up at 5 for work, oh the joys -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh

ok sure we do tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a different version with them collated by any chance with Questions relevant to the spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Do you have a different version with them collated by any chance with Questions relevant to the spec?
    No sorry, you need to go through them and find the relevant questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom2013)
    Yeah we can revise together, I need all the help I could get!! I am soo terrible at chemistry and I will pm you the paper
    Could you send it to me too please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether when drawing acid-base titration curves whether the exam board usually asks for volume of acid or volume of alkali added to be on the graph?

AKA which way round should it be, just for revision purposes?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Im new to the student room!
    Im searching for the mark scheme for f325 jan 2013! just did the mock in class it was horrendous!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.