(F325)

QP:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwx_...it?usp=sharing
    MS:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwx_...it?usp=sharing

Credit to Wheeeto
    so if you see him around make sure you give him some rep

ReputationRep:
    i am starting to dislike OCR.... especially when they have 5 lines of text at the top of a page and a (5) at the bottom!

can be up to 9, but the 5 markers just seem to not be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently going through my revision guide.

There's a section on how fuel cells work, do we need to know this? I haven't come across any questions on how they work and I haven't covered it in class either.

In the revision guide it gives three examples; proton exchange membrane cell, alkaline fuel cell and direct methanol fuel cell. Do I need to learn these and their equations?

There's also an image of the fuel cell with a description; an electrolyte sandwiched between two electrodes. Do I also need to learn this?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)

There's a section on how fuel cells work, do we need to know this? I haven't come across any questions on how they work and I haven't covered it in class either.

In the revision guide it gives three examples; proton exchange membrane cell, alkaline fuel cell and direct methanol fuel cell. Do I need to learn these and their equations?

There's also an image of the fuel cell with a description; an electrolyte sandwiched between two electrodes. Do I also need to learn this?
    I'd just learn it all just to be safe if I were you, I know that's what I'll be doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I've just learned about proton exchange, and that methanol are used. I think we do need to know about them, just not to a huge extent. I reckon there may be a 3 mark question on Hydrogen economy or something on the paper.

Guarantee now I've said this, someone will quote me in just over a month, after the paper like "lol ur so rong!!11one!, there woz a 20 marka". in which case just learn it! But focus more on Kc or w/e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I'd just learn it all just to be safe if I were you, I know that's what I'll be doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Funtry)
    I've just learned about proton exchange, and that methanol are used. I think we do need to know about them, just not to a huge extent. I reckon there may be a 3 mark question on Hydrogen economy or something on the paper.

Guarantee now I've said this, someone will quote me in just over a month, after the paper like "lol ur so rong!!11one!, there woz a 20 marka". in which case just learn it! But focus more on Kc or w/e
    Fair enough, better safe than sorry.
    Just covered proton exchange, now for alkaline fuel cell and methanol fuel cell.

The thing is I bet ill just forget this in a few days. -_-
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, better safe than sorry.
    Just covered proton exchange, now for alkaline fuel cell and methanol fuel cell.

The thing is I bet ill just forget this in a few days. -_-
    Awesome, I've not done any of this yet I think, just wing it really and just recap it every few days and you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funtry)

Sorry what is Hydrogen economy?

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie I am not looking forward to this exam! I need an A to meet my A*AAa uni offer and although I only need around 115 ums it's such a huge module! At least there's still 4 weeks or so to go.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Would someone when they've got some spare time be able to explain the whole fuel cells and storage cells part along with the limitations of hydrogen fuel cells and the hydrogen economy stuff, I'll be extremely grateful for any help as my teachers didn't explain it very well to me, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would someone when they've got some spare time be able to explain the whole fuel cells and storage cells part along with the limitations of hydrogen fuel cells and the hydrogen economy stuff, I'll be extremely grateful for any help as my teachers didn't explain it very well to me, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ill help so you want me to describe everything?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    Ill help so you want me to describe everything?
    Yeah, pretty much if you wouldn't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, pretty much if you wouldn't mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
    would you like me to do it in word document with pictures? or on here
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    would you like me to do it in word document with pictures? or on here
    Whichever you think would be more helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whichever you think would be more helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and can you please help me my friend on the maths question I posted on the thread
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    and can you please help me my friend on the maths question I posted on the thread
    When I get a minute I will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy, these are the notes I made for electrode potentials including stretch and challenge questions I made on my own and possible questions that could crop up. Anything or if you are not sure about something please inform me and ill try my best to answer any queries
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: ppt chemistry electrode potentials.ppt (989.0 KB, 1595 views)

ReputationRep:
    When I get a minute I will

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi my friend I did the notes, hope you find them useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr00n)
    Sorry what is Hydrogen economy?
    We live in a fossil fuel economy, and so we're are reliant on mainly fossil fuels for electricity, fuel etc. a hydrogen economy is the same but with hydrogen. That's massively simplified by the way, but is the jist of it.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi my friend I did the notes, hope you find them useful
    Those notes were incredibly helpful, thanks now I'll just sit down and learn them sometime next week and just recap them until the exam! Thanks so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.