Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    No its fine, I will put your question in my note, but you are 100% sure with the answer, case in the exam if they ask, i will put your answer

correct

its when the starch is de colourised.
    Okay then, as long as you're happy with it

Yes, it should turn from black to white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    thank you! Cardiff i thought i was going to have to take a gap year as had 3 rejections before my offer which came through start of april (a very long wait considering i had my interview back in november!) can't wait to start just hope i get my grades
    Wow that's amazing, well done
    That must have been a lovely surprise after that wait!
    I'm sure you will, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zef1995)
    Okay then, as long as you're happy with it

Yes, it should turn from black to white
    In legacy mark scheme it says starch is decolourized.

not black to white

ReputationRep:
    In legacy mark scheme it says starch is decolourized.

not black to white
    Oh yeah sorry, my mistake. I'm sorry if I confused you there, silly me! Colourless it is

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah sorry, my mistake. I'm sorry if I confused you there, silly me! Colourless it is
    No worries I think you were thinking of biology where you test for starch

How are you revising?

Did you try the Jan 2013 paper and what do you think this paper will be

ReputationRep:

How are you revising?

I think I may have been, I did revise a lot of Biology today so I think i have it on the brain right now :P

I generally revise using past paper questions, consolidation cards, mind maps, that kind of thing I like to try lots of things because it keeps me concentrated for a bit longer! What about you, how do you revise?

I haven't done so yet, but I have it on Wednesday, so that will be fun! How about you, have you done the Jan 13 paper yet? I'm not sure really, the paper was apparently very difficult in January, so whether there will be a nicer paper in June, or whether it will be of equal difficulty to the Jan one, we shall see! What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a copy of the Jan 2013 paper that they could send to me???

ReputationRep:

How are you revising?

Hi, just wondering if you have the january 2013 mark scheme, or if anyone has this to share? Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr00n)
    They won't ask you about the oxonium ion, because its not in the spec?
    I'm sorry for not replying to your post sooner - I must have missed it when scanning through the thread!

Do you have the Heinemann OCR textbook? There is a bit on the oxonium ion in there - and if it's in the textbook then I assume they can ask you about it in exams. Either way, it doesn't take long to learn about and may be worth knowing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobeadoc)
    Does anybody have a copy of the Jan 2013 paper that they could send to me???

(Original post by master y)
    Hi, just wondering if you have the january 2013 mark scheme, or if anyone has this to share? Thanks !
    Here you go! I found it somewhere on TSR, so credit goes to whoever originally posted it

QP: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwx_...T2s/edit?pli=1
    MS: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwx_...NEk/edit?pli=1

ReputationRep:
    anyone
    (Original post by Wheeeto)
    The Jan 2013 paper was easily the hardest I've seen for f325, having to re-sit in the summer as well If anyone has the paper and can send it to me it would be much appreciated, thanks
    sure PM me your email! also, hopefully it makes june will be nicer ;D

ReputationRep:
    anyone want to revise, sick of looking at the textbook and ive got a mock tomorrow which im already preparing to fail as I've heard it was insanely difficult!

ReputationRep:
    I got 32/40 overall for my Chem 6.

I have an A at AS does anyone know if I can still get an A*???? What will I need raw marks wise for Chem 4 and Chem 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    I got 32/40 overall for my Chem 6.

I have an A at AS does anyone know if I can still get an A*???? What will I need raw marks wise for Chem 4 and Chem 5?
    hm provided grade boundaries are the same 32 would be a B I think, but my teacher thinks itll drop to 34 for an A rather than 36, because the papers have been made harder compared to last year. I think 38/40 was an A* for last year, but that'll drop so dw!
    Erm depends what the 32 equates to UMS wise, but you'll need 90% average over the three components so maybe 94%+ in the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    hm provided grade boundaries are the same 32 would be a B I think, but my teacher thinks itll drop to 34 for an A rather than 36, because the papers have been made harder compared to last year. I think 38/40 was an A* for last year, but that'll drop so dw!
    Erm depends what the 32 equates to UMS wise, but you'll need 90% average over the three components so maybe 94%+ in the exams.
    Just checked 32/40 Last year was 42 UMS.

Which leaves me with 18 UMS to drop for an A*.

Assuming High Grade boundaries I would need like 55/60 and like 90-95/100

It's do-able. I'm going for it. Got like 49 first time, I don't see how much harder it would be to get 5/6 more marks second time round.

And I find Chem 5 easier than Chem 4.

May the force be with me.

ReputationRep:

It's do-able. I'm going for it. Got like 49 first time, I don't see how much harder it would be to get 5/6 more marks second time round.

for an A* you need 54 ums in the practical approx so you can easily make up those in the paper

haha ikr chem 5 is so much better than chem 4, you can do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    for an A* you need 54 ums in the practical approx so you can easily make up those in the paper

haha ikr chem 5 is so much better than chem 4, you can do it
    Cheers. Now I have realised how high I need to score time to step up the work.

By this time next week 4/7 Chem 5 Papers will be done, and ideally above A*, and Chem 4 Legacy Question Pack will be done.

Let's do this. I really need to finish all the papers and have them at an A* level at least by the 1st June.

Then it shouldn't be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry for not replying to your post sooner - I must have missed it when scanning through the thread!

Do you have the Heinemann OCR textbook? There is a bit on the oxonium ion in there - and if it's in the textbook then I assume they can ask you about it in exams. Either way, it doesn't take long to learn about and may be worth knowing
    ahh i don't have the heinneman book

ReputationRep:
    Cheers. Now I have realised how high I need to score time to step up the work.

By this time next week 4/7 Chem 5 Papers will be done, and ideally above A*, and Chem 4 Legacy Question Pack will be done.

Let's do this. I really need to finish all the papers and have them at an A* level at least by the 1st June.

Then it shouldn't be too bad.
    Just some advice. Make sure you work so hard that you burn out too soon! I think I did that on a couple of exams last year.

ReputationRep:

May the force be with me.
    How are your AS scores out of 300 ums?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.