Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently reading the theories in the text book and making notes. Also reading over extra books that may help without making notes. Also im going to start doing past papers. Do you guys think of this plan and any thing else you would do if you were me ?

ReputationRep:
    Amazinggly that's what I'm doing. Read a few of my other posts and the one about the 25 marker and how to answer them which I responded to.
    I
    'm currently working through a booklet of all the past paper questions and doing harder ones and attempting questions for topics thathaven'y come up for ages/years that are likely to come up in the OCR AS May exams. It is no good to guess what will come up but sometimes through emlimnation you can see what ethical theoris were not mentioned in previous years e.g. 2012 and attmept them.

I suggest that for a method of attempting past apers too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just wondering, where did you get that booklet/past paper qs from?? I am dying for a huge resource of questions for my last minute revision!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Mind maps! Trust me I've done one on each ethical theory etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyncheh)
    Hey guys! Just wondering, where did you get that booklet/past paper qs from?? I am dying for a huge resource of questions for my last minute revision!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

My teacher printed out every single question paper including those from 2013

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions of what theories could come up for philosophy & ethics OCR may exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyC)
    Any predictions of what theories could come up for philosophy & ethics OCR may exam?
    The ontological argument, Hume's criticisms of the design (teleological) argument and evil perhaps a theodicy explanation. Evil is almost definite.

For ethics genetic engineering is a favourite as is personhood and the right to a child. Any ethical theory applied.

For philosophy there is always a question stating 'explain using a religion you have studied..' yada

Hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Richard)
    The ontological argument, Hume's criticisms of the design (teleological) argument and evil perhaps a theodicy explanation. Evil is almost definite.

For ethics genetic engineering is a favourite as is personhood and the right to a child. Any ethical theory applied.

For philosophy there is always a question stating 'explain using a religion you have studied..' yada

Hope it helps
    Hey, are these your predictions for what you think will come up in the May paper ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Richard)

Hope it helps
    OK thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely surprised if issues on war and peace came up. I would almost certainly suggest Sanctity/Quality of life and possibly genetics.
    Philosophy - Evil!
    Cx

ReputationRep:
    Augustine's theodicy did come up in the last year's paper but it's possible to come up again. I reckon the ontological argument/teleological argument/God as a creator

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starrstruck)
    Augustine's theodicy did come up in the last year's paper but it's possible to come up again. I reckon the ontological argument/teleological argument/God as a creator
    I would love for Augustine's theodicy, just did an essay on it about half an hour ago and just love the problem with evil topic as an whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timmy12321)
    I would love for Augustine's theodicy, just did an essay on it about half an hour ago and just love the problem with evil topic as an whole.
    Yeah me too, it's one of the most interesting topics as well. Maybe it'll be the Irenaen Theodicy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timmy12321)
    I am currently reading the theories in the text book and making notes. Also reading over extra books that may help without making notes. Also im going to start doing past papers. Do you guys think of this plan and any thing else you would do if you were me ?
    Write the answers down once then write them down again then write them down for the third time,by then you'll be so sick of writing the answers down that when it comes to the exam you could have your pen on your paper and your eyes on the clock in the exam hall. This technique may seem like hell but its got me through gcse exams that I thought I would fail and I've ended up with brilliant grades,and so if I was you I would give it a try as nothing can prepare you more for the exam then by using the pen that you will use on that dreaded day to write down the answers that you write on that same day.[s]goodluck[/
    with your exams !

[s]penguin[/

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at 2013 January OCR Philosophy of religion and the following came up
    1 ) Plato's cave
    2 ) Mill's criticisms of the design argument
    3 ) Freud's views on the source of moral awareness
    4 ) Evolution

ReputationRep:
    - Ethics
    (a)Explain how a follower of Natural Law might respond to human embryo research

b)To what extent can human embryo research be justified?

a)Explain the concept of absolute morality

b)’Considering consequences is more important than following rules.’ Discuss.

a)Explain how Mill’s Utilitarianism might be used to decide the right course of action

b)Assess the extent to which U. is a reliable method of making decisions about abortion.

a)Explain the purpose and principles of Just War theory
    b)’Just War theory cannot be applied to modern warfare.’ Discuss.

- Philosophy
    (a)Explain Plato’s Analogy of the Cave.
    (b)’Plato is wrong to say that most people live in a shadow world.’ Discuss.

(a)Explain Mill’s criticisms of the Design Argument.
    (b)’The Teleological argument has successfully survived all criticisms.’ Discuss.

(a)Explain Freud’s views on the source of moral awareness.
    (b)’Only God can be the source of moral awareness.’ Discuss.

(a)Explain the theory of evolution.
    (b)’God is the only explanation for the existence of life.’ Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    Well I'm having a problem with revising for ethics and philosophy, the theory's for me are easy to understand but it's hard to remember everything Do you guys memorise the subjects in the OCR book word for word or do u just have a general idea of a theory ( for the essays I have a general idea by reading the OCR book the night before and blag and get As, so I'm really confused.) I've gone over all the theory's already and have a general idea of each paragraph in each argument but aghhhh I don't have long term memory at all plus I've tried mind maps and they are so so for me or should I just cram in all the info cause I'm a bit stressed as I only have 12 days until the exam

i hope this isn't too confusing
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    OMG i understand how your feeling...my exams in 2 weeks (less then that-12 DAYS) and i don't feel prepared!!!!! i feel like i cant find the right information to revise from It just won't stay in my headdd! i've been trying to find some revision flash cards or something to help me rememeber it but i haven't found any so far :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redruby18 redrub)
    OMG i understand how your feeling...my exams in 2 weeks (less then that-12 DAYS) and i don't feel prepared!!!!! i feel like i cant find the right information to revise from It just won't stay in my headdd! i've been trying to find some revision flash cards or something to help me rememeber it but i haven't found any so far :c
    why don't you make your own flash cards? way more effective!

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually gutted D':

I was hoping for Plato's Case & Freud's view to come up - I'm pretty confident that I could've answered those topics well, but everything else is a big mess, especially Ontological- I missed the entire thing because I was ill for the teaching :'(

So what are predictions for what will come up for the Philosophy? I've done the Ethics!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2013

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.