Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I end my relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my girlfriend of 2 years are not getting on like we used to. She never wants to go out any more and only cares about stuff like housework, her job and saving so we can buy a flat together. I know its bad but id just rather she was fun.

I have been talking to her friend lateky also who has hinted at us having sex and a part of me wants to butvi dont want to cheat. So this is another incentive to end it, our sex life isnt what it once was.

Should i end my relationship now, wait to see, or although unfair see what happens with her friend tonsee if it feels right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, why waste any more time.
    End it and find another girl, a lot better, which shouldn't be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just talk to your gf and say that you think you need more fun together / work yourself on having more fun together. I'm a bit surprised you'd want to throw out a 2 year relationship without trying communication. Don't let the sex temptation cloud your judgement.

Alternately, if that does seem like too much effort then your heart clearly isn't in it and you ought to break up.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a horrible person.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa whoa whoa, slow it down a bit! No need to end it so abruptly, talk to her about it and let her know your concerns. You should be able to work out your problems together, especially if you've been together for 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Are you really getting fed up of your girlfriend or is your opinion being swayed by the offer of cheap sex with someone who is supposed to be your girlfriend's friend?
    To be fair, I think you need to end it. Not for your sake of course. You can go shag her pal and be alone afterwards then realise what a tool you were to lose a girl who obviously loves you and wants your relationship to go the distance.
    Nah, I'd end it because she deserves someone who isn't considering having sex with her friends, who isn't posting about ending their relationship over a student forum and who will treat her with some respect.

If you lead this girl on to 'see how it goes' with this other girl then you are pathetic.
    Might sound harsh but there it is.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaw she's worried about saving so she can buy a flat with you and all you're concerned about is sex?
    I feel sorry for your girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nineteen19)
    I have been talking to her friend lateky also who has hinted at us having sex and a part of me wants to butvi dont want to cheat. So this is another incentive to end it, our sex life isnt what it once was.
    Is her friend lateky hot?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it and see where the problem lies - see if you two can work it out.

If you can't work it out then maybe leave her, but don't leave her purely so you can have sex with her friend (you'll probably come to regret it later). Give it some time and then when you're ready maybe start looking for someone new - but you never know your girlfriend might be acting this way because something's happened that she doesn't want to tell you about, and if you don't talk to her about it you'll never know!

ReputationRep:
    End it, sounds like she's better off without you. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It sounds to me like she's planning a future for you two and you're not ready/willing to commit to that. I would end it because the longer you leave it, not only will you increasingly resent your relationship, but you will end up hurting her more in the end as well.

And I would suggest you've already cheated by even considering having sex with her friend.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by nineteen19)
    Me and my girlfriend of 2 years are not getting on like we used to. She never wants to go out any more and only cares about stuff like housework, her job and saving so we can buy a flat together. I know its bad but id just rather she was fun.

Should i end my relationship now, wait to see, or although unfair see what happens with her friend tonsee if it feels right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you should let her go so she can find someone who cares about her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    It sounds to me like she's planning a future for you two and you're not ready/willing to commit to that. I would end it because the longer you leave it, not only will you increasingly resent your relationship, but you will end up hurting her more in the end as well.

And I would suggest you've already cheated by even considering having sex with her friend.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    I would like her name and a way to contact her so she can see this post and end the relationship herself.
    She sounds like she really cares about you and based on your post you don't sound that committed to her so, like what most people have said on this so far, for HER sake the relationship should end. Even if you have to be the one to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    What?
    Even if it's not cheating by definition, it might as well be. Clearly considering [seriously] having sex with another person more or less signals the end of any meaningful relationship.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.