The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

need some clarification

alright, just need some clarification on dates i can apply for things etc etc as i'm being told different things from different people. got an conditional for Sport Coaching & Science and will be staying on Clifton Campus, so look forward to seeing you all there; get the beers ready!

i firmed NTU on UCAS couple of days ago.. when can i expect an email with my code and whatnot

when should i apply for my student loan/grant/maintenence loan etc and does this all come under the same application form?

when can i apply for accomodation (looked on ntu website and cannot find)

cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Gooner14
alright, just need some clarification on dates i can apply for things etc etc as i'm being told different things from different people. got an conditional for Sport Coaching & Science and will be staying on Clifton Campus, so look forward to seeing you all there; get the beers ready!

i firmed NTU on UCAS couple of days ago.. when can i expect an email with my code and whatnot

when should i apply for my student loan/grant/maintenence loan etc and does this all come under the same application form?

cheers

hey! You should expect to receive your code at any point this week which will allow you to access the NTU Self Service webpage in which you can apply for accommodation.
The accommodation website launches at some point Monday morning so in order to guarantee your desired halls, apply asap.
In regards to your loan, maintenance and grant you can apply any time, sooner rather than later, just so you can amend if circumstances change. Just apply on the SFE website and there's a lot of information and help on there regarding the process.

I hope this helped, good luck :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello!

I had my interview for my course at NTU on the 11th Feb, got my offer on the 13th Feb, firmed it on the 1st March. I applied and confirmed my student finance around the 22nd Feb and they sent me the declaration form (that you need to sign saying you oblige and understand you're taking out a loan and all the legal stuff etc) the week after.

Basically, I applied for student finance as soon as I had my interviews, I didn't even know I was firming NTU at that point haha.

I'm finding NTU being extremely slow in terms of sending me information. I didn't get my student id letter until 11 days after I firmed my offer and if I had waited that long, I wouldn't have been able to book my accommodation. What I did was ring up NTU's admissions team and asked for my student ID and password there. They will ask for your UCAS personal ID number if you want to phone up.

I booked my accommodation on the 4th March and they still haven't sent me my welcome pack although they did send me an email yesterday to welcome me to join the facebook group for my halls :smile:

There is one application for student finance and that covers grants, loans for both tuition and maintenance :smile: You can find it by googling "student finance england"

To find the accommodation information, go on NTU's website -> Future Students -> Accommodation -> Browse Accommodation

Hope this helped :biggrin:
Reply 3

cheers

1 - Call them and ask for your NTU ID just incase it doesn't arrive in the post by monday, when you get this go onto the NTU Accomodation page and click 'book accomodation' and then get your password which you'll need to book where you want to live.

2 - accomodation opens somepoint monday morning, last year it was 7:30am, so get online quickly to apply! you can choose where, which block, floor, flat and room that you want..

3 - apply for your student finance asap, last year it took them 6 weeks to finish processing and get the paperwork back to me!

Hope this helped :smile: x
Reply 4
cheers, appreciate it.. i'll ring up in the next few days to get my ID

how quickly is the accomodation likely to run out? peverell for example, matter of hours, days or weeks? just found out about the £200 deposit, not fun that
Reply 5

how quickly is the accomodation likely to run out? peverell for example, matter of hours, days or weeks? just found out about the £200 deposit, not fun that

I would say hours maybe a day - most people book as soon as it opens, so to get good accomodation I'd book fast.. For example this is my second year applying for Trent, when I applied for gill street at city last year it sold out in about half an hour! xx
is it better to stay on a certain floor in peverell or are they all similar? Trying to decide before booking tomorrow?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7

You get the deposit back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending