Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding trigonometry a bit difficult, especially when it comes to what calculations to do if you have two sides of a triangle and the angle between the two, or all three sides but no angles, things like that. I haven't really revised it properly until now (nine weeks before exams), will it get easier to remember with time? I need reassurance because I'm really scared I won't be able to remember what to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just keep practicing, maths is all about do the work, rinse and repeat. and then do it again until you can do it mindlessly.

If your school has mymaths use that, personally my maths teacher is not great so I have basically used mymaths to teach myself both core 3 and 4. And may I say it's turned out well for me so it should do for you!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, It definately gets better with practise. You'll begin to see what you need to do much easier, just make sure you know the rules really well.

ReputationRep:
    In C3/C4, you don't generally have to do that kind of trig, with all sides no angles, but you do need to work out a side from a side and an angle. So basically that doesn't go away.
    Then there's new trig rules you need to learn and understand. So yes it gets more difficult, I'm sorry to say.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until C4! In all honesty, as long as you remember the trig identities (of which I think you only need 3 for C2), how to apply them, and also practising trig questions, they should become clearer. They won't miraculously become clear overnight. I strongly recommend doing ALL the past papers, and find as many practise questions AS YOU CAN. Googling "Trigonometry revision" or "trigonometry practise questions" will give you hundreds of pages you can use to practise. Keep doing questions over and over again. Use the mark scheme at first, then try by yourself. If you do this, you'll be absolutely fine

ReputationRep:
    No. Trig gets harder! C2 Trig is so simple compared to trig used in C3 and C4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.