The Student Room Group

Maths C1

Hey guys. So my C1 exam is on 13th may. 😢😢😢. I'm so scared, so not ready for it. Keep failing the mocks. I'm working my butt off for the next 2 months now. I can't fail. How are the rest of guys doing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The first time I did C1 I got a 'd' and I felt totally defeated, and thought Id never do well. But with a lot of perseverance I repeated and got an 'a'. Just keep doing past papers until you can practically memorize every question.
Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can!
Good luck :biggrin:

I took core 1 In January and after worrying that I failed after the exam, I got a "B" :smile: but retaking in may.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got a U in the D1 exam in january and was really upset but am trying to turn everything around for the C1 exam on the 13th
Reply 4
Original post by fatsherry
Hey guys. So my C1 exam is on 13th may. 😢😢😢. I'm so scared, so not ready for it. Keep failing the mocks. I'm working my butt off for the next 2 months now. I can't fail. How are the rest of guys doing?

I got around 55/75 for my first C1 past paper I think. I did ALL C1 past papers and did a number of Solomon papers. I ended up with 100% in my C1 mock test :smile:. Past papers help a LOT. If you can't understand a topic, use Examsolutions.
Good luck.
Reply 5
Thank you so much guys. This has reassured me. I keep getting U's on the mocks despite revising but now I'm doing a lot of past papers and I've started using exam solutions which is really helpful. I just can't seem to get sketching and transformation of graphs right :frown:

Reply 6
The majority of my class got 'U's, so you're not the only one. Can I ask how you are revising? One friend of mine revised a lot more than everyone else but still didn't get the grade she wanted. It's important that you revise in a way that works for you. :wink:
Reply 7
Well at the beginning I was just looking over notes from school. That obviously didn't work as it reflected on my mock grades so now I'm using exam solutions and doing past papers, the questions I don't understand, I take them to my teacher to explain to me. I've only just started this. It's just sort of dawned on me that there's only 2 months till exam 😢

Reply 8
Original post by neev94
The first time I did C1 I got a 'd' and I felt totally defeated, and thought Id never do well. But with a lot of perseverance I repeated and got an 'a'. Just keep doing past papers until you can practically memorize every question.
Honestly, if I can do it, anyone can!
Good luck :biggrin:

wow that is some major comeback! :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by raiden95
wow that is some major comeback! :tongue:

It really is! Well done. People like you motivate me you know!

Definitely do the solomon papers !! they are the biggest help ever , and the Edexcel papers nowadays are becoming more and more like them so doing those are extremely effective preperation for the real thing :smile: ive got the exact same exam as you OP - and i'm dreading it massively as the people who took C1 this january in our school did really really bad ( and these were further maths people - some of the best ) so yeah :L
Reply 11
Original post by Fas
Definitely do the solomon papers !! they are the biggest help ever , and the Edexcel papers nowadays are becoming more and more like them so doing those are extremely effective preperation for the real thing :smile: ive got the exact same exam as you OP - and i'm dreading it massively as the people who took C1 this january in our school did really really bad ( and these were further maths people - some of the best ) so yeah :L

Exactly the same situation in my school. I think it's cos they found it really easily and just didn't bother revising as hard for it. When's your C1 exam? Mine is on 13th May. So scared for it. C2 is just crazy hard and S1 seems doable. I seem to understand it in class and exam solutions have really good past papers on it to work on.

Reply 12
Exactly how I feel!! Core maths just completely baffles my head as compared to stats :frown:
Exactly the same situation in my school. I think it's cos they found it really easily and just didn't bother revising as hard for it. When's your C1 exam? Mine is on 13th May. So scared for it. C2 is just crazy hard and S1 seems doable. I seem to understand it in class and exam solutions have really good past papers on it to work on.

yeah 13th May aswell - your on Edexcel i'm guessing ?

yeah S1 seems pretty easy , but C2.... i actually think it's alright apart from the logs stuff ( i f****** hate them ) and i'm dreading the trig work
Reply 14
Original post by Fas
yeah 13th May aswell - your on Edexcel i'm guessing ?

yeah S1 seems pretty easy , but C2.... i actually think it's alright apart from the logs stuff ( i f****** hate them ) and i'm dreading the trig work

Yeah I'm on Edexcel. Logs is so ****ing hard and the trig is confusing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. How are you revising? Have you started yet?

Yeah I'm on Edexcel. Logs is so ****ing hard and the trig is confusing, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. How are you revising? Have you started yet?

Logs i'm getting the hang of now . for them , just practice a lot on the last few questions of each exercise it's mainly exam technique really

Yeah i have started revising , but i'm not doing this whole " go through every question from the beginning " thing that people seem to think will work - i'm just covering stuff that i am not sure about - logs for example. just to keep working through questions is the only thing you can do really , also for C1 i am doing solomon and elmwood past papers as they are absolutely brilliant preperation ( gonna do that for C2 and S1 aswell when i finish the course )
Reply 16
Original post by Fas
Logs i'm getting the hang of now . for them , just practice a lot on the last few questions of each exercise it's mainly exam technique really

Yeah i have started revising , but i'm not doing this whole " go through every question from the beginning " thing that people seem to think will work - i'm just covering stuff that i am not sure about - logs for example. just to keep working through questions is the only thing you can do really , also for C1 i am doing solomon and elmwood past papers as they are absolutely brilliant preperation ( gonna do that for C2 and S1 aswell when i finish the course )

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now and it seems to be reoccurring in other topics as well so that is also making me understand it more. What is Solomon papers? Is that an exam board. Can you please send me a link for it?

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now and it seems to be reoccurring in other topics as well so that is also making me understand it more. What is Solomon papers? Is that an exam board. Can you please send me a link for it?

nah Solomon papers are practice papers on the internet ( free of charge ) that are harder than the real ones - however judging from how these exams are going , they are becoming more similiar to the solomon papers so definitely have a crack at these ( don't worry if your getting B's - the real exam will almost certainly be nothing like them , but some aspects of it will be solomon-style and these papers can help you make the difference between a B and an A or 90 UMS and 100 UMS ) :smile:

the link :

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/Edexcel/Advanced%20Level/Mathematics/Subject%20Sorted/C1/Solomon/
Reply 18
Now doing Solomon papers. They're so helpful. Thanks for recommending it guys :smile:

Now doing Solomon papers. They're so helpful. Thanks for recommending it guys :smile:

no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending