Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The Value of the £ Certainly Feels More With Age Watch

ReputationRep:
    About 2 years ago when my only outgoings were £20 for my phone bill and that was it. Ever since then I took money for granted and just spent so much of it on absolute tosh.

In recent months I've become an absolute mental helmet with saving money and all I see is out goings! Driving lessons, a holiday, Uni savings, phone bills, a little bit of rent, gym!

It really is an eye opener!

I'd rather experience it at this age however, than some people who luckily get everyone gifted to them and are in for a rude awakening at University/when they live in a flat.

It's weird how important every £1 becomes! Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Definitely!I used to spend a fortune on going out and partying and stuff, now I save every penny-even got a bit 'anal' about it! It becomes a bit of a game does bargain hunting and finding cheaper alternatives to things you need, I actually quite enjoy it!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.