Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, 2 months ago my LDR girlfriend of two and a half years broke up with me over the phone because of the stress of being at uni and having a LDR. She then didnt contact me at all for ages. Naturally, I tried to contact her as people do in a non mutual break up. However, she eventually messaged me and said some harsh things, then I said some harsh things back and she informed her parents who threatened to charge me with harassment (a little extreme). Now, two months down the line, I always think about her still and miss her but she blocked me from Facebook and Skype etc but I want to talk to her. Is it too risky or would it be acceptable to talk? I miss her so much :/

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks, but it's time to let go. You'll miss her, but clearly she doesn't want to keep in contact. The best thing for both of you would to just move on, little good will come out of trying to speak to her again.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by MrBean1994)
    Hey, 2 months ago my LDR girlfriend of two and a half years broke up with me over the phone because of the stress of being at uni and having a LDR. She then didnt contact me at all for ages. Naturally, I tried to contact her as people do in a non mutual break up. However, she eventually messaged me and said some harsh things, then I said some harsh things back and she informed her parents who threatened to charge me with harassment (a little extreme). Now, two months down the line, I always think about her still and miss her but she blocked me from Facebook and Skype etc but I want to talk to her. Is it too risky or would it be acceptable to talk? I miss her so much :/
    I obviously don't intend to sound harsh or anything but in your last threads we told you to cut all contact, it is the only way you can move on and forget her, the worst thing you can do right now is try and contact her.

ReputationRep:
    Consider yourself lucky not to be stuck at a small university with her, having to walk past her on a daily basis. Do as above and avoid contact.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to contact her?

It's very clear that she's not going to get back with you, so contacting her can only make you hurt more. If she wanted to talk to you or get back with you, she would have done so by now, but she has only discouraged you talking to her, so that means no.

ReputationRep:
    Don't contact her. It's the only way you'll be able to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Don't contact her.

It won't give you the peace of mind you are after, and it won't make her want to return to you.

Give it a lot more time, and/or wait until she contacts you, but I think the best move is just to march on through March.

ReputationRep:
    find someone better

ReputationRep:
    Concentrate on improving your life somehow, gym, other girls etc. Under no circumstances should you contact her. If she ever wants you back it will be because she has noticed you are getting on fine without her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.