Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!
    I am an international student applying to a few different postgraduate MA courses in London:
    Birbeck, Middlesex, UEA, Goldsmiths & City.

Here is my dilemma, I received a conditional offer to City with the condition that my referees send my recommendations in. I received their offer letter telling me that I had 6 weeks to decide, but until my deposit was paid that they could not hold a spot for me if the program were to fill up. I of course want to hear back from the other Uni's but I am afraid I wont hear back in time and miss this opportunity.
    Has anyone got any advice or any idea on how fast these programs fill up/timelines in terms of hearing back from Uni's?

Any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Try emailing the unis and asking them. Even if they don't give you an answer quicker, at least you will know how much longer you have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapljenn)
    Hello all!
    I am an international student applying to a few different postgraduate MA courses in London:

Here is my dilemma, I received a conditional offer to City with the condition that my referees send my recommendations in. I received their offer letter telling me that I had 6 weeks to decide, but until my deposit was paid that they could not hold a spot for me if the program were to fill up. I of course want to hear back from the other Uni's but I am afraid I wont hear back in time and miss this opportunity.
    Has anyone got any advice or any idea on how fast these programs fill up/timelines in terms of hearing back from Uni's?

I think it depends on what programme we are talking about... If it's business related... I'd say they fill up pretty quick!! Otherwise, especially arts and humanities, it should be ok
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kapljenn)
    Hello all!

Hi!

Sometimes it can be difficult with postgraduate courses as universities don't advertise specific closing dates they can close courses at any time if they fill up.

The only thing I can suggest you do is contact the universities that you have applied for and explain the situation that you have a limited amount of time and they may be able to help you, at least tell you the current status of your application.

For UEA the contact details as are follows: [email protected] or 01603 591515

Good luck!

Hannah

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for the advice! I had my interview with UEA London today which is a step I was unable to visit UEA London's campus... I was curious on how the student life/ activities are considering it is a smaller campus?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.