Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How easy is it to become the boyfriend of a girl currently with a boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why are you trying to devalue me when you haven't even met me or even know the full story? Obviously she isn't going to suddenly be with me and break up with the guy she has been with for 2 years even if she did really like me, think of the emotions that would stir up in her if that were true. The fact we are not boyfriend and girlfriend right now does not me I must have personality issues or be some sort of sub human. Use some common sense.
    I'm lost as to why you're struggling so much? If you were half as amazing as me, she'd be begging on her knees in the click of a finger.

So all this whinging and whining you're doing leads me to think that really, kid you aint special. You an average Joe. She doesn't like you. It's no more complicated than that.

So the answer is to suck up the tears, stiffen up that upper lip and move on. You acting like you love the ho.

(Original post by Rybee)
    I'm lost as to why you're struggling so much? If you were half as amazing as me, she'd be begging on her knees in the click of a finger.

So all this whinging and whining you're doing leads me to think that really, kid you aint special. You an average Joe. She doesn't like you. It's no more complicated than that.

So the answer is to suck up the tears, stiffen up that upper lip and move on. You acting like you love the ho.
    Dude you are being arrogant. Its not as easy as you think. I will take you one piece of decent advice however which is to move on to the next girl.

ReputationRep:
    Dude you are being arrogant. Its not as easy as you think. I will take you one piece of decent advice however which is to move on to the next girl.
    And remember, the fatter, the easier. Either go for a fresh harpoon and endure the chase it gives, or take easy pickings on a freshly beached whale.

(Original post by Rybee)
    And remember, the fatter, the easier. Either go for a fresh harpoon and endure the chase it gives, or take easy pickings on a freshly beached whale.
    Best get my self to the seaside then :P

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't listen to these guys putting you down.

OP, it's very easy. However morally I wouldn't actively try and make her your girlfriend, just do what your doing, no need for labelling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anthony.BF)

OP, it's very easy. However morally I wouldn't actively try and make her your girlfriend, just do what your doing, no need for labelling.
    You couldn't bag a dog**** let alone somebody else's girlfriend. Pipe down Pinocchio.

I don't think it is very easy? how would you go about it if you wanted to get someone else's girl?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is very easy? how would you go about it if you wanted to get someone else's girl?
    You just take her out for dinner, take her back to yours and smash her back doors in. What are we not understanding here!?

Boris I thought we'd got past this point and were on the way to the beach... We're stuck back in the bloody boat again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    You couldn't bag a dog**** let alone somebody else's girlfriend. Pipe down Pinocchio.
    A dog what lol?

Who/why are you so angry?

ReputationRep:
    Just kill the boyfriend and she's single. Simples.

You could leave her alone because she's perfectly happy.

Although my favourite option would be too actively chase her and hope her boyfriend knocks you out, then you're forced to suck a straw every time you feed yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Well continue to think it's not easy, maybe you're not attractive, maybe you're not confident? I don't know, I have no idea who you are, what you look like ect....

And how? Just be yourself and let whats going to happen happen...

ReputationRep:
    A dog what lol?

Who/why are you so angry?
    A dog poo. You couldn't bag a dog poo, so you're unlikely to be able to bag someone else's bird.

I'm not angry. Just honest. Honest John. Honest by name, honest by nature.

(Original post by Rybee)
    You just take her out for dinner, take her back to yours and smash her back doors in. What are we not understanding here!?

Boris I thought we'd got past this point and were on the way to the beach... We're stuck back in the bloody boat again.
    Dude, please, if you don't have anything useful to say then don't say anything.

Well continue to think it's not easy, maybe you're not attractive, maybe you're not confident? I don't know, I have no idea who you are, what you look like ect....

And how? Just be yourself and let whats going to happen happen...
    I have made a good impression and every time we meet it goes consistently well. I think I will put it on the back burner and concentrate on other girls and see how this turns out.

ReputationRep:
    Dude just spread vicious and nasty rumours that the kid was shagging a 15 year old ho from the slums and she gave him chlamydia.

A shoulder to cry on becomes a **** to ride on.

ReputationRep:
    Should have mentioned I only met her a couple of months ago, not 2 years ago.

After 2 years together it would be hard to let go, but it has to happen sometime. Why would you only date few people in your life when there is so many people in this world.
    Does she light a fire under your bush and vice versa ?

If so, then carry on for another month or so, then put it on the line tell her how you feel and that you want her as your GF in a manly passionate way. Say it s all or nothing either its BF/GF or you are not going to be a close friend anymore just a causal one if that

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, you seem to be the kind of guy who wants to have casual relationships at this stage in life. That's groovy, but even if this girl does break up with her boyfriend, she seems like she's the kind of girl who's looking for a long-lasting emotional relationship. That means you might have commitment issues because with your current mindset it'll be difficult for you to accept she's the only person you're allowed to kiss for 2 or more years of your life. Also you don't wanna hurt someone you like if they get emotionally attached to you but you don't feel the same. This is all assuming a lot, so I might not be right, but that's just how I see it.

I think the best way to enjoy these years of your life is to find someone you like who is looking for a similar kind of relationship to you. If a girl is looking for something long-term, and she thinks you are interested in lots of girls, she might back off because she's not looking for someone like you, even if she is attracted to you. It's easier with someone with a similar mindset.

ReputationRep:
    There's this girl who has been with the same guy for about 2 years. She is 18, I am 19. I have made a really good impression on her, I can make her laugh, smile, entertain her, show her i'm confident and all other good characteristics. I really like her personality and like hanging out with her.
    So far I think I am impressing her and would make a better boyfriend than her current one as I have met him and he was really quiet but he must have some good qualities for her to be with him so long.

How hard will it be? I think it will be really hard seens as she is already in a long term relationship with him. Any tips?
    Lol you sound really pathetic. What is so superior and special about this girl that you have you pursue her when she's taken and have to prove to her that you have all these qualities?

Get some ****ing self respect, grow some balls and find someone who is single. And stop worshipping women. They aren't anything more special.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.