This discussion is closed.
username1170
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have to submit my AS level choices by next thursday... I am looking at two main carrer paths; Finance and Medecine.

I have chosen... Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology, I am looking at a 5th AS, either English Lang, History Modern, Economics or Critical Thinking. Has anybody got any advise, and anybody who has taken any of these courses - could you describe what they are like.

S
Mioniel
Report 16 years ago
I would go for Economics. It seems to have the most relevance to what you want to do.
Baby_Angelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Go for Economics. It's quite an essential subject if you are looking to go into the corporate sector + it ain't that hard to comprehend as well as score.
No2
Report 16 years ago
My friend is doing Economics
am doing Business Studies
do you think that E is more difficult than B? dont think so but my silly friend does
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well you can either do an A-level to compliment your existing choices or do an A-level which would help you if you change your career ideas or help to give your program more breadth.

Personally I'd choose history. It's respected and shows good analytical/English skills.

English Language to be fair, isn't that respected. And to do economics at university you need maths, so there isn't that much point.

Although the choice is yours
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Do modern history! It will be a nice contrast to all that maths and science and you get to study really interesting things (I do crappy Henry VIII history). Don't do critical thinking, it sucks. Although it would be less work to do
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
History or Economics
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Infact do both History and Economics and forget one of the sciences...Finance is mich more in demand and pays much better than medecine
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (177)
46.34%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.66%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.73%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.71%

Watched Threads

Latest