Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

FC Bayern München vs Arsenal; 13/03/2013 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    Half strength? not really, i thought we fielded a decent side, bar wilshere. Plus the fact they also had players missing, ribery, schweinsteiger. Good performance nonetheless though, defensively we are improving :-)
    Fairly decent, bar wilshere and podolski who are good players, no sagna either. That's 3 out of the first choice 11, then you have the goalkeeper, that's 4 out of the first choice 11. So yeah a bit more than a half strength but not your best team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well arsenal could have got a win at home and parked the bus away, the away rule prevents that, same reason why they got rid of the golden goal. To entertain people more.
    its done **** all to stop teams parking the bus, have a look at chelsea

ReputationRep:
    For those watching a stream with Linekar, Hamann and Shearer as pundits, Shearer is hating on Arsenal hard. Funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    :lolwut: how did you come to that conclusion?
    Kinda obvious don't you think. Teams play better at home than away so the other team could just defend, get a result then attack the other team when they play at home. There's a reason jose mourinho went 150 home league games unbeaten than 150 away league games unbeaten.

ReputationRep:
    Without away goals teams would park the bus in the first away leg and beat them at home without the fear of an away goal. The majority of first legs would be dire.

ReputationRep:
    Well arsenal could have got a win at home and parked the bus away, the away rule prevents that, same reason why they got rid of the golden goal. To entertain people more.

Would be a cool match up but I doubt it'll happen. I think juve are still in with a chance. They seem to have gone strength to strength and have their league wrapped up too so can afford to rest players. Chiellini obvs needs to be fit.

Thierry henry.

Diving, hounding the ref well tbh it's not moral but they didn't get caught. Just annoying when a team that's apparently so good can't even beat a full strength arsenal side at home and have to resort to such foul play to get through a much weaker team.

I'm not the kind of guy who likes cupsets but the performance today just made me angry.
    Would quite like to see Juve be there instead of Madrid (:awesome:) although I think the lack of a top striker will prove vital at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Makes sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    For those watching a stream with Linekar, Hamann and Shearer as pundits, Shearer is hating on Arsenal hard. Funny.
    What's he saying!?

ReputationRep:
    First team to beat Bayern in their last 29 games.

ReputationRep:
    All they did was keep the ball and arsenal defended brilliantly. Arsenal got two goals and bayern did little to nothing bar the 20-30 mins in the second half when they actually played like they were footballers. They turned up for a 3rd of the game. Deserved to go through but that performance was terrible.
    bayern created as much chance as Arsenal, Arsenal had 2 shots on target while Robben missed a one on one and Bayern tested the Arsenal keeper 5 times (as well as 12 off target shots to Arsenal's 2) and they were missing 2 of (if not their) best players in Ribery and Schweinsteiger.
    Suggesting that they were battered is laughable

ReputationRep:
    Maybe only introduce away goals in extra time?

ReputationRep:
    its done **** all to stop teams parking the bus, have a look at chelsea
    We parked bus for 4 matches out of the 13 we played. Not the whole tournament. Or if you wanna look at away fixtures in knockout rounds we parked bus for 1 away game and one neutral ground(even though it was at the allianz)

ReputationRep:
    Fairly decent, bar wilshere and podolski who are good players, no sagna either. That's 3 out of the first choice 11, then you have the goalkeeper, that's 4 out of the first choice 11. So yeah a bit more than a half strength but not your best team.
    Fabianski played wicked, he's pretty under-rated. Sagna has been dire most of the season im glad he didn't play, i think gervinho also made the match pretty interesting in the dying minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I can assure you that I would, but that's impossible to verify, I suppose. :yy:
    If you would be uncomfortable with that then youre in the minority. Fair play though.

ReputationRep:
    Damn! This is the frist time in ages where no english teams have made it to the QF.

ReputationRep:
    God bayern were ****.

Not that I will complain.

Ended up winning £212 at the bookies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividness)
    Maybe only introduce away goals in extra time?
    Na, because it's unfair on the team that plays away in the first leg.

(Original post by Albino)
    Fabianski played wicked, he's pretty under-rated. Sagna has been dire most of the season im glad he didn't play, i think gervinho also made the match pretty interesting in the dying minutes.
    Agree, but lets be honest it's not about the performance, welbeck played wicked vs madrid, is he first choice, no he isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Perhaps if you don't get forth this year, that can be Arsenes pretend trophy?

Great performance by you guys though, really thought you were gonna do it towards the end there..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Had a feeling arsenal would tbh.

Sometimes it comes down to how badly the team wants to win.

Bayern were complacent tonight, and it showed.

ReputationRep:
    Na, because it's unfair on the team that plays away in the first leg.

Agree, but lets be honest it's not about the performance, welbeck played wicked vs madrid, is he first choice, no he isn't.
    Such is how bad United's wingers have been this season normally an area you associate with United as a strength.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 14, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.